1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Patriots Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    great way to end the game too, getting to marsha!! :beard: :beard: :beard: :beard:

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for the updates on this thread folks. After watching the first half, I had to go to another commitment and couldn't watch the second half. So, following along with you all on the MB was great! Thanks again to TTF for the awesome MB! You have given us a new home and we are grateful.

3. Azhriaz

Azhriaz Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I have felt that the cheatriots have been this monkey on our back for some time and I usually dread playing them. It felt so good to put an end to that today!!!! I screamed so much I have lost my voice. :):):):)

4. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    kudos to the entire Steelers team today. We finally got all cylinders working even though we did sputter a few times.

Kudos also to Dr. Dick. I think many here hate it when the DB's give to much space which makes for easy dink and dunks. I liked what the Steelers did today getting the DB's up tight on their receivers. They made them catch the ball in traffic which was good.

Kudos also to the defensive in getting pressure on Brady. I have always felt this was the key as he does not move well at all. We were able to get him out of his comfort zone with the exception of one drive.

Kudos to the sub's. All of these guys stepped up big today on defense.

Kudos to the O-line. For most of the game, they handled the Pats easily. It was only when Ben decided to mess around for 20 seconds in the pocket did they actually pressure and sack him.

No kudos though to the brainiac with 6 something to go that called that stupid long pass play on a 3rd and like 2-3. If we get that first down, we run the clock and get it closer for a FG. We didn't even need a TD at that point.

Also, no kudos for the abysmal play calling in the Red Zone. We should have had 2 more TD's.

But overall, I am stunned. Glad the Steelers won, and beat the Pats. No on to work on the Ravens.

rutan

5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    First and foremost great win today against the Cheatriots. Man these players are having a hard time with all the Hamstring, Shoulder, and Ankle injuries... what's up with the every day conditioning??????? Gotta get that fixed ASAP!!!!!! :D

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    harristotle, please send links in pm. The NFL police track them and shut them down

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Two times I called Ben everything but a football qb, then it hit me. i will settle for 5 sacks a game because he hits 8 great out of trouble plays on breakdowns, I still cuss about em though

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Here is my 2 cents. If anyone has BA's ear, ask him WTF is wrong with running left. Seems the one time we do it every 2 games it is a big gainer. Makes the defence go all gorrilla dick and stuff!

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Not inside 5 minutes is it started

10. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The monkey won't be off until they beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I think winning a Super Bowl would feel much better knowing they beat New England on the way.

11. clevesteelerfan

clevesteelerfan New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great game today! So glad I was wrong in my prediction!!!

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Great memory in these trying times!!!

Can't wait for the first 2020 GDT!! And I look forward to running another prediction poll.

We'll be back!! STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Holy Necropost Batman
    necropostin.jpg

RIP Sarge we miss you around here but we will keep a candle burning for you on gameday. Gorrilla dick....classic

• Like Like x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Wow, this post. rise, Rise, RISE up from the dead.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Found it by extreme boredom and luck.

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member