1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Patriots Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes they do Glenn, and they still called a bs call. How many times you see a guy get hit, dive for the pylon. ball touches the pylon, he droops it TOUCHDOWN what is different with JJ's play? Nothing except noone touched james. It is a TD when he has control and the ball crosses the line.
    I was going to call in to the post game show but figured they would hang up on me when I started cussing

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I think they are expecting his patience and they are so used to his style now.

3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I completely agree I don’t know how you can overturn that? He had full possession of the ball his knee was down and he crossed the plane before that little little tiny movement of the ball. I would’ve loved to see the make that call if it was reversed and that was the patriots that got that kind of touchdown overturned. Although in the win loss column we lost the game but we won that game they just stole it from us. I’m not the type to say we won when we didn’t but they stole that from us. Last thing to Rothlisberger has to know he’s got to lob that not try to throw a dart because we’re in field goal range and it would of went to overtime. Although I’m sure like us the whole team was in complete disarray after that overturn.

4. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Me too! The thing I don’t get is James his knee was down as the ball cross the goal line. Which constitutes a touchdown. Also they said it was a touchdown so they needed inconclusive undeniable evidence to overturn it and I didn’t see anything but a catch. I will say I was not shocked because it’s the what? Patriots. Just out of complete anger I threw my remote and busted it on the ground. It was just a peer reaction. Now they have it like they want to the patriots were going to be the 5 seed we were going to be the 1 seed but now it’s patriots 1 us 2 seed. BS!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Yes this is what I was thinking when they overturned it but again it’s who? The Patriots. Cheaters to the highest. We won that game. So the game is over though I hope in the playoffs we go into Foxborough and just put it on them.

6. emo

emo Active Member

Dec 17, 2017
    The rule sucks but as it is written the receiver has to maintain possession all the way to the ground. As soon as I saw the replay I knew it would be called back. I hate the call but per the rule it was prob the correct call. That 4th and fake spke play was brutal.. Ben needs to not let the moment get h better of him and just play for OT.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    Oh I thought it was 3rd down when he did that. So we said the heck with the field goal and went for it? I was so caught up in the noncatch that I didn’t realize it was 4th down. Wow what’s up with that?

As for the caught rule if your “knee” is down with possession of the ball it’s a caught. If anything it should of been at the 1yd line but nobody touched him so he reached across for a legit TD.

8. vaylen

vaylen New Member

Dec 17, 2017
    The call was overturned by NFL Replay chief Alberto Rafael Riveron in New York. Let him know how you feel. His address is 6011 SW 92nd Ct. Miami FL, 33173. His phone numbers are 305-595-4466 and 305-273-4020. I think I will write him and call him to let him know what I think of his performance. Probably every day until the Steelers win their 7th Super Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Hate the rule, but it is the rule. He didn't possess it through the catch.

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Video replay has to show he maintain control of the ball all the way to the ground through the catch.

I hate the rule. I think it should of been a td the minute the ball crossed the end zone.

11. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I heard them talking about what the rules are now for a catch on ESPN and it’s ridiculous. If what I saw tonight isn’t a catch then I don’t know what one looks like. I’ve seen guys one handed fumbling the ball around but just barely get control of the ball before they hit the ground and it’s called a catch. There where catches in a lot of games this year that weren’t even close to possessing the ball and they called it a catch. All in all it’s like Tomlin said you can feel a certain way about it but it doesn’t change anything. I still don’t understand why we didn’t play for OT?

12. Steelers '08

Nov 1, 2016
    I thought if you have your knee down and possession of the ball it’s a catch but I heard differently tonight on ESPN after the game. Apparently they changed it either last year or the year before. I hope this doesn’t stick with the players the rest of the year. If anything we know we absolutely can beat the Pats without AB. Although we have to double Gronk. That last drive we let him caught every ball except the TD run. Unexceptable. On to Houston!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    So angry and disappointed I`m not even close to being able to sleep and it`s 3:35 am.