1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Jags OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Hilton made a few plays, but I don't think the Steelers were in nickle very much because Jacksonville went with three tight ends so often.

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Post-game was talking about them having a 3 Safety look on the field a lot, can't remember the name of that package.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's called the "no respect" package because Dangerfield was in :smiley1:. Actually Tomlin said one of his non adjustments was using Dangerfield as a corner when JAX ran only one WR. I'm not sure we've seen that one before but it was a good role for him because he is a big physical DB and solid tackler....

• Like Like x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Just like we aren't the same team we were at the beginning of the season, nether is jax. And bortles played his game ever vs them. He was a garbage can vs us.
    I said nothing about bell. I want him out of Pittsburgh as well. It's over and should have been over a year ago. But people act like 2 things cant be true.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Not very likely, the texans are 7-3 and have a 4 game lead over the jags and they have to play the texans again who beat them once already this season......

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    25/68 defensive snaps.
    4 special teams snaps (FG and PAT attempts).

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp and the colts and luck are balling. Luck is playing like a top 5 elite qb again. I see them getting the 6th seed and the Texans honestly winning out.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You've been arguing in favor of Bell all season, going on about the importance of former players taking his side. By extension, you've been looking for situations to argue that Conner's presence in place of Bell might hurt the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Yeah that qb from carolina ran all over us

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Cleaning things up or playing assignment sound football isn’t an adjustment. Why is it so hard to take his statement at face value? Given the offensive innepitude in the first half the defense played very well. So there really wasn’t anything to change from a defensive standpoint.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I never ONCE SAID THAT. I said that conner was better for this current regime because we are very dysfunctional and dont need the best two players on the team both being guys who care just as much about their numbers as they do winning. Not saying they don't care about winning but conner is the type of guy that could care less if he ran for 20 yards long as we win. He's a honest worker. We know both Ab and Leveon dont have that attitude. But my thing about this is due to the leveon situation everyone tries to overrate conner. I like him and think hes had a very good season hes a pro bowler but their were people on this board arguing that he was better than Zeke and saquon which is a idiotic take. And of course we are still winning I said we would win the division without leveon or not because we have BY FAR the best QB in the division. But I'm not one to celebrate just making the playoffs. I only celebrate chips. With him or not I still dont believe this team is a sb team but having a player of his caliber can only help not hurt. Even the rams if they had him would find ways for leveon to get on the field.

12. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Yeh? Running plays would have been more efficient but didnt happen, almost had an int to loose the game..its a win tho, play calling could of been better imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Exactly. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in a fluke win. They need to treat this like a L. We got a lot of favorable calls as well. I mean I think they were the right calls but one time the ref doesn't see it and we are all bitching about a loss this week.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not a fluke win, but treating it like a loss is certainly a good approach.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That was no fluke win. We battled hard and played the full 60 minutes and won the game. Just because you’re down and come from behind to win the game doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have won. Get real dude.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Youre right, not a fluke win. By all accounts the players just executed better as the game went on.

I will say as a Steelers fan, i felt alot of calls seemed to go against the Jags. But it just seemed that way i guess as penalties were only 4-3. Just untimely I guess.

F the Jags. I'll take the win, proudly:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    By my count, there were 3 accepted penalties against the Steelers vs. 11 against the Jaguars.

18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup. Wins are wins

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Nice to finally be on the opposite end of that. But that was my point. Left too much up to the refs, one call the other way and we lose. But Glemm says they fought hard for 60 mins so that's that.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I was watching just the second half on Game Pass. When Tomlin accepted the hold early in the third quarter, giving the Jaguars third-and-12 instead of fourth-and-1 deep enough in their own end that going for it on fourth down would have made no sense for Jacksonville, Watt came through with the first of his two strip sacks, one the Jags recovered. I'm not sure if anybody mentioned it on this thread, but Tony Romo said, "That's called having a set."

I just thought it was funny that Romo complimented Tomlin's testicular fortitude in that manner.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hmm, I remember a game...it was, Cleveland? A terrible QB made some really good plays with his legs...There was also this game against that team they just played...someone on that team picked up quite a few 3rd and longs with? (his legs)

Should I say, "Young" running QB's? Cam looked a little beaten up after they got to him a few times.

They tend to allow them to pick up first downs on 3rd and longs. Which is why I'm surprised Jax didn't run the bootleg with Bortles.

Hopefully they've remedied it this year. I don't see too many matchups left where that's an issue unless they run into Baltimore in the play-offs and they play Jackson.

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Absolutely clutch play by the defense there! They backed up the Coach on that call!

23. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think it was really about disrespecting Bortles. They knew he would have to throw to get the first and didn't think him capable of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They did fight hard. They pushed us around early we pushed them around late. We made more plays than them that mattered and won the game. Every game isn’t going to be a dominating win like the Carolina game was. We won enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It is 2020 so I am just goofing with you!!

Found this thread for good luck. I was going to find the Playoff loss but that would just be mean.

Now someone put up a real GDT for our win in 2020!!!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.