1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs. Jags Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Jones is getting all the snaps so that someone else doesn't get hurt.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    ...or so he does. LOL.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If he stays hurt we're definitely gonna have to call 1-800-BACKUP. LOL. Remember that commercial?

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I can never decide if I want preseason games to be longer or shorter.

What we got in this game was a lot of little glimpses of guys getting a few plays here and there, but nothing sustained. It never felt like the team had come to play a full game, just a few random series like on a training pitch. That's great if all of those series go like our first offensive drive. But when you've got a lot of different RBs running for short gains every so often, or a receiver making one catch and not making another one, I kind of want to see them all more consistently.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree, it felt like they were trying some specific stuff to see if guys were getting the concepts. It may have been just me but the short passing game seemed nonexistent but they tried a lot of sideline throws and streaks. Not a lot of stuff over the middle too much to the TE's or quick slants. On defense there were glimpses of what could be but also what we had talked about last season and that is with youth comes inexperience and over aggressiveness. Some of the gaffs on run plays were just guys looking to make the highlight reel and getting out of position. Secondary needs work and seems too reliant on pressure up front. I think they need a more even balance, throw off timing routes and it allows pressure to get there.

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Peeking through my fingers. Is LOLandry gone yet?

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope. You're probably going to have to wait a while. Don't shoot the messenger.

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Well my wife still has my gun so You're safe TTF Haha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1