1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Giants Official Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dupree did sack Jackson in the one game he played against the Steelers last season, so I believe that counts as Dupree getting a hand on the guy.

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's similar to me pointing out 2 years ago and again last year that the offensive line needed rebuilding, which you called hindsight.
    When I said you were using hindsight, I was referring to the LB's you stated were options to replace Dupree. If you brought that up before last night I wasn't aware of it.
    I thought then (2018) and think now that the money would have been better spent on the O-line than on Dupree.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Dupree is gone after this year, they can’t afford him.

4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Fair enough. From my own POV there was quite a while where it was not at all certain that they could keep Bud for money reasons. Wasn’t convinced by any of the guys available but I think it was fair to contemplate what they would look like in a Steeler uniform.

If people just wanted to move on out of spite for his first four average seasons that’s another matter entirely.

@Blast Furnace I agree that Bud has most certainly arrived. He appears to be fully healthy last season and coming in to this year, he struggled with injuries during some of those earlier seasons. The effort he showed in chasing Danny Dimes out to the sideline and forcing him in to that mistake in the second half was hugely impressive, it was a game changing play and Bud had to be tired at that point.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dupree gets slammed around here a lot. Anyone remember his first season, when he was knocking the dog crap out of QBs? Man, he was a scary dude for opposing QBs.