1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Dolphins Official Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He’s a rookie with no online and no running game and inconsistent receivers.

Yes he needs to learn to make better decisions and stop forcing the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can Pickett actually physically be able to finish the season?
    He looked really exhausted last night.
    We’ve heard about the Rookie wall due to Draft training and sometimes late College game schedules.
    Things are going to get really tough on him later in the current season.

3. DuckSux

DuckSux Active Member

Dec 22, 2019
    You guys call yourselves Steeler fans?! Sound like Browns fans or Even worse Ravens fans. This is the most negative place on the planet. I bet half of u have never been to a game, played a sport and suck at your own job. F$&@ you, F$&@ off, if acting like spoiled bitches is what it takes to be a fan, I’m out!! No need to reply I won’t be back to read it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Peyton Manning threw 28 picks his rookie season, take a breath.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just One sack.

One could have changed the game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Good game, Mike. Go fire your OC then turn in your resignation.

7. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    After rereading the posts you are correct. Different plays.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What post was that? :lolol:

By the time I finished work and turned the game on it was already 7-0 and came in when Chase fell down and the pass was picked off. I said hell no, I’m not going on the board tonight.

I just watched it in peace with no distractions. Nearly pulled that out. I haven’t looked around the board yet but I imagine there are quite a few fires but my big take away is, Pickett can be the guy. If you remember Burrows rookie season, it was hardly smooth but he did things that made you think he would be a good QB, thats where I am at with Pickett. His last interception was a horrible horrible decision, he needs to reign that gunslinger mentality in and I think he will learn from these mistakes. He is going to see what he could get away with in college he won’t get away with in the pros and hopefully he makes the adjustments needed to succeed.

My other takeaway is, clone Pickens. Will be a star.

Final takeaway, fire Canada, he had Claypool blocking Ingram and also runs Harris into the weak side of the Oline among other dumb calls last night. Week after week same ****.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well

One thing got better today

• Like Like x 3
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What's wrong is this team has holes all over the place, so they can't afford to keep spending first-round picks on quarterbacks. It looks as if this team is going to be picking in the top 10. If you take a quarterback that high, he's not just coming in to compete. He is your quarterback. That means giving up on their first-round pick from 2022 after only one season instead of actually trying to build a team around whoever is taking the snaps.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, the Dolphins were getting the ball out quickly all night. That is part of what created all the interception opportunities. Tua was trying to process things quickly and that led to mistakes.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It’s not like this guy is wrong.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why am I not surprised that you would take his side? How dare anybody question anything the Steelers do, right? :rolleyes:

The team is 2-5. A real fan is going to be frustrated. An intelligent fan is going to question the direction of the franchise, examine what is going wrong with the hope that those issues will be fixed. A thoughtless fan will just support everything the organization does regardless of the results.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only way to get better. :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually You both can be correct. After the adjustments were made the Defense played really well, but if they had hung onto at least half the ints....it could have made a shorter field, and at least We could have kicked field goals....if We didn't score.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed, but He should definitely get more than 3 games. Honestly He should get 3 years....unless every year He shows no signs of progress, but as long as He progresses....the minimum should be 3 years. By then a team should be built around Him(which should be easier with him on a rookie contract), and if He doesn't workout.....Well .....We have a better team for the next Qb.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, but your posting history does make it true. To be fair, it isn't 100 percent of the time, but it is often enough that the hyperbole is warranted.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not a huge Claypool fan(as You know), but He has been big in the end of the last two games....No denying that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Because I don't suck off every move they make?

21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting choice of words.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I like this guy more and more every week. Got him twice :lolol:

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, to be fair I have a hard time coming up with anything positive you have ever said about the team. I always believed you chose the Steelers because of AB and Bell and you have said numerous times you are a fan of the game first. True Steelers fans are a fan of the team first.

Also, anyone harping on Picketts interceptions comes across as clownish when two were tipped, one was a hail mary and one Claypool fell down.

Getting on him about the other two yesterday is legit but he also showed he has the ability to drive a team down the filed, much more important to me than a rookie making rookie mistakes with the interceptions, those can be learned from and overcome. But you either have the ability to move the team down the field or you don’t. Pickett has that ability. That’s huge IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Our offense system sucks.

Najee struggling bigtime is a big issue.

Got to intercept a few of those balls.

D rebounded nicely after poor start.

Couldn't get to Tua, what happened there.

Frustrating as hell to watch.

Believe Pickett will be good, taking his lumps though.

Some more deep shots and use MOF please.

Go Steelers!!!

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    And here I thought you were a smart guy. It’s been well documented that I have no problem with anyone criticizing the Steelers. As a matter fact I tend to agree most of the time. What my issue is with the same people that complain about the same stuff that start the same thread over and over and over. Or the new guy that shows up complaining about the same stuff that’s been talked about over and over and over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1