1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Dolphins Official Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I have a harder time holding those against linebackers, but really, Tua wasn't good after those first couple of drives. The Steelers didn't get all that much pressure on him and he still threw way too many balls that either could have or should have been picked off.

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    YOU EXPECT HIM TO PLAY LIKE A SEASONED VET ON ONLY HIS 2ND NFL START? SMH

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I was just amazed he was actually somewhat staying step for step with Hill although that ball was under thrown. I know Tua has been out for a few weeks but he didn’t impress me tonight.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The offense definitely sucked. Pickett played terribly. Canada didn’t help with some of the play calling and I don’t think the receivers were particularly helpful either. Pathetic offensive performance all the way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    Troy, by a gnats ass, got his fingers under that ball and made an all-time play. The play today, the DB got both hands on the ball several inches above the ground. Difficult? Yes. "Troy like"? Not so much.

Look, the offense did not play well for large parts of this game. Pickett made bad throws. No excuse. But to say the defense shares no ownership of this loss is just bull****.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett played like a rookie. They are putting way too much on him. He made some great plays, too, but those interceptions at the end were all him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    At least two of those picks were gimmies. The D played well overall but didn’t make the “splash” play that Mikes always talking about.

8. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    I surrender, Dorothy. This edition of the "steelers' is pathetic. They are losers and should NOT attempt to represent a professional football team.

9. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I agree. My statements regarding the defense are largely about taking advantage of every opportunity the other team gives them. I am in no way blaming this loss solely on them. Simply holding accountability. They have a rookie QB, the lowest scoring/yardage offense in the NFL. Simply playing "good enough" isn't gonna cut it and they have to know that. They played well for large parts of this game though.

The offense did a few nice things, but overall play calling was once again poor to terrible until it was nearly too late. Trying to make Najee Harris a focal point of this offense is a mistake in my opinion. Pickett has to learn to take care of the ball.

10. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Could be the Dolphins DB's practices catching the ball more than Steelers DB's

11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Najee actually had one of his better games tonight averaged 3.8 YPC. Still don’t think he’s looking like a first round pick.

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Trying my best to be a KP supporter , but the kid isn't making it easy If he has not shown improvement by week 14, . Then the Steelers need to consider picking a qb with their 1st round pick

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    Pickett definitely needs to learn from his mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Charlie shasta

Charlie shasta Active Member

Aug 11, 2022
    Kenny forced to many throws. We had a chance to win it at the end at least. He is a rookie. Hope he makes better decisions in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I still think we need to find a way to get the run game going. Need to draw defenders up or they will sit on everything.

16. WC459

WC459 Active Member

Oct 22, 2019
    Defenses don't respect our deep pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    OMG that one hit Terrell Edmonds right in the numbers! Doesn’t get any easier than that.

18. TomlinW/O#7

Sep 25, 2022
    I honestly don't think he even knew where the ball was. Like someone else pointed out earlier, he did an excellent job of getting his head turned back around to try and locate it. He never attempts to catch it though. Kind of a bang-bang situation. Great coverage and awareness to turn around so as not to get PI.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You two are thinking of two different plays. You seem to be writing about the deep ball to Hill. Sure, Edmunds ended up in a great position to intercept that ball, but he had to make a fantastic play just to get there and break it up. Da Stellars seems to be thinking of a shorter pass in the second half that went right to Edmunds and he let it slip right through his arms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think people here need to realize that isn't going to happen. The Steelers aren't going to give up on Pickett after one year. The first interception wasn't his fault, but the last two were definitely on him. The first of them was a bad decision, a rookie asked to carry a team and trying to do too much. The second, I'm still not sure if it was a poor decision or a poor throw. Maybe it was a bit of both. If he can't make those throws, he probably won't be the answer. The question is if it was due to the poor conditions or if it was because he rushed a last-second decision to switch from running the ball to throwing it. It is tough to say, though he did take a beat to set himself to throw it.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You don’t have to watch.

22. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    That the best idea you have had in years. Thanks Glemm

23. Steel71

Steel71 Active Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Stats…and the eye test…don’t lie. He has thrown the third most INT (Matt Ryan 9 in 7 games; Matthew Stafford 8 in 6 games) this season to date. KP has 7 in 13 quarters of play. Throw in the fumble and that 8 TOs total. Guy is a turnover waiting to happen.

24. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    He has really small hands.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    C

Some here don't realize that the Steelers don't have the coaches to bring Pickett along, who's gonna do it .. Canada,? lol, Tomlin ? :rolleyes: Please.. IMO there is nothing wrong with taking another QB with your first pick... What's wrong with a legitimate QB competition .. :shrug: