1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Chiefs Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 27, 2011.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ugly win, but a win none the less. They all add up. We are 8-3, not to bad. Good Night all.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bumpkins!! LMAO!!! MT needs to be accountable for this abortion that BA and his offense just showed. Our D had 5 freakin takeaways yet we can only muster up one TD. Chefs dammed near pull this out if it werent for Bowe just giving up at the end. Our D saved the day once again as much as BA and the O tried to give it away. MT needs to ne held accountable for this fiasco and letting BA continue to crap down his leg. Embarrassing.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Wallace has disappeared the last 3 weeks and if he starts dropping passes we're in trouble. I never have thought he looked very natural when catching the ball, it really seems to be an effort for him. The great receivers seem to have the ball melt into their hands. Maybe Tomlin was right, maybe Wallace really is a one trick pony.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    OK guys. I gotta work tomorrow. Signing off. Glad we got the win.

5. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bye doldrums. Write it off and get ready for Cincy.

The only thing that bothers me is I can sit on the sofa and call the Steeler's plays.

6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Completely agree with you! And I love the Lambert quote in your sig :drinks:

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes, a tip of the cap to them. Whoops, I just stole Tomlin's line later tonight.

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wonder how much of that is him being double teamed. Would be nice if Sanders could step it up, then maybe they wouldn't double team Wallace as much in order to cover all three of the young money crew

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    jackattack
    I think Wallace is just in a slump. Maybe this game will wake him up. Hope so

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder how long it'll take Ben's thumb to heal. Those semi-long passes were ducks.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When is a win not a win ? Answer: When you get sick watching your supposed prolific offense with so many weapons underperform week in and week out for the last 5 years.This O should be getting better every game and it's not we've been wallowing in mediocrity for the last 5 years it's unacceptable and someone needs to be held accountable and stop blaming it all on execution,please.

12. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If our O plays like this against Cincy next week wes in trouble!!!!!!!

13. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

In November, a win is a win. They're coming off the bye, very sloppy. Yes at this point in the season would like to see them gelling more. But they still have time to get it together. At this point in '05, they were losing to the Colts and Bengals in successive weeks. Good to get to 8-3. Plenty of time to right the ship before the playoffs.

14. SteelersWorld

SteelersWorld Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    yes it's a W (barely), but a win is not just a win. A superbowl caliber team should manhandle a lesser team on both sides of the ball. They should put up 24+ points every game. They should leave nothing on the field. We should gobble up lesser teams handily and battle blood and guts with our equals. As it is, we are lucky to still be in the hunt.

15. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    a win is a win, but those close games are gonna put me in a hospital. o_O

they can't afford to play down to the level of their opponents. it almost cost them several games over the last handful of seasons, games that they should have easily handled (like tonight's game). some mistakes kept the Chiefs in it, although i will say i thoroughly enjoyed the 4 turnovers by the defense :D

now against the Bungles. this should be good. they just squeaked by the Browns, and the Steelers have beaten them already this year, so let's hope the Steelers don't take this as an easy game because the Bungles will be looking for redemption. a win over the Bungles (which i think will happen anyway) will most likely slam the door for their playoff hopes shut.

16. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm working on my 3rd victory beer. Another Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. At around 18%, it'll get ya there.

I'm issuing a blanket apology for anything I say after THIS!

:herewego: :herewego:

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    LOL....on my sixth bourbon...feelin ya Scott..

18. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    IPA? Your taste buds are vastly different to mine. I want a little hops as possible. You say, "HOPS? HELL YEAH! Give me the most you can possibly fit into a beer!!!" :roflmao:

I'll stick with my Guiness. :guiness: But to each their own. Rock on. :drinks:

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Guiness.... never got it. Dont like it a bit. But Im a bourbon guy...My beer Coors light...Sure make fun of me but Ill drink all yinz asses under table with bourbon!!.....To each his own!!

20. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    To each his own. :)

What's your brand of bourbon? I'm going to guess Maker's Mark.

Have you ever tried Knob Creek? I don't drink a lot of harder liquor frequently. But that almost converted me.

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Buffalo Trace...Best bourbon on the market...Eagle Rare close second...MM in top 5...Knob not bad in top 10

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think I've ever seen those first 2. Then again, PA's LCB is so wonderful at making the State stores so full of diversity. :-(

Are they pricey? Or around the same.

I like to experiment every now and then. :)

23. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Trace and Rare about $45 a half but well worth it....3 things you DO NOT skimp on ..Bourbon..Cigars..Toilet paper