1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Chiefs Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 12, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The only reason at all they were 1-7 coming in is because they were turning the ball over damn near every quarter of every game. Tonight they didn't do that until the last play in OT and so they lost. These people on here who expected the Steelers to blow this team out simply based on their poor record aren't living in the world of reality.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Does anyone think Bens shoulder was hurt during the week? He was a little off tonight.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Great minds think alike.

4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    All the Steelers D has to do is take Rice out of the picture and Flacco will fold w/out his security blanket. The Steeler secondary is playing well enough to frustrate his passing game. Offense... well... the Ravens front will pin their ears back if they see anybody but Ben back there. Haley should be able to figure out a way to slow them down. We will need Mendy and Brown.

5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Problem is how well we weather the storm at all.

These next few games are going to be taxing on an already beaten up team.

What happens from here is anybody's guess.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, we'll wait and see how Ben is. I will say however...Lefty is a better QB than he appeared tonight. If you saw his face after that first hit...he was seeing stars. I think if Batch was active tonight he would have went to the sideline. If he has to play next week, I'd be willing to wager he's better than he looked tonight, especially after getting 1st team reps. Just my opinion, and hopefully we don't even have to worry about that. <crosses fingers>

7. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    That shouldn't matter, but we play down to the competition.

Not that I care about KC at all but that didn't look like a 1-8 team.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I NEVER expect us to blow people out. We just flat out don't do that. It's one of the things I've been thinking about is that we never seem to have that killer instinct. Heath Evans just said on NFL Network that "the Steelers usually put their foot on people's throat and don't let off" and I'm thinking "WHAT THE CRAP TEAM HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING?" Man "analysts" really make me mad when they talk about us. They need to be coming over here to listen to us if they wanna know what's going on with this team.

9. Stiller3

Oct 24, 2011
    Lefty has been a really good backup for us in the past.

If he gets reps this week we'll see a different QB.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I said that somewhere in this thread, he has only played one game in the last two years. Get some reps, he'll look better.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not like the Rats will show him anything he hasn't seen. The problem though is the speed of the game is probably gonna be more than he can handle. Haley needs to be working with him AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT on his retarded looking delivery!

12. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's because they're guilty of the same thing some on here are. They don't watch the Steelers play like we do they simply look at the record. A good record must mean the Steelers are dominating like they've done for years just as us spoiled Steeler fans look at a team's bad record and without really watching that team play just assume the Steelers should walk all over them. It's as I said, the Chiefs had 29 turnovers coming in to that game last night. With that many turnovers their 1 -7 record was easily explained. So.... they don't turn the ball over last night and their D was playing lights out all of which explains the dog fight we found ourselves in.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep. And I don't know if you watched it or not but in the pre game one on one interview between Tomlin and Gruden Tomlin actually said "this team's problem is turnovers. If they don't turn the ball over we could be in for a long night." And sure enough he was right.

14. bmocare4

bmocare4 Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Every team that comes in to play the Steelers who have nothing to lose i.e. 1 win and a million losts will always get up in intesity that the Steelers has to match... I saw only fire from our center and maybe dwyer other than that nothing. Maybe M.
    Wallace as well.