1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Bungles OFFICIAL Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Dec 18, 2016.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    the first one that comes up when you google bagels forum lol

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You know I look at it this way:

Refs missed some seriously obvious calls, but early on the Bengals got the benefit of those missed calls and scored their points. Seeing how they were not getting called, they continued to try the little extra stuff.

Towards the end of the game the officials don't want to be seen to let the game get out of hand, so they start calling stuff.

Let's face it, they don't score without Pittsburgh penalties!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Like they're going to be hoenst. Its the same every week, a little difficulty and "OMG IT'S OVER!!!!!" "THIS TEAM SUCKS!!" "BEN SUCKS!!!"

Sometimes I think I'm on the Bengals message board the way some "fans" act around here

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Seriously would I thought we had some discipline problems...they are totally outta control .you think he would have reeled them in from last years embarrassing debacle....he actually stands there and defends their actions.....unbelievable.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No need to admit it, it's obvious by the Win that they were wrong.
    I wish somehow the Steelers could ban them. Now that would be more appropriate than just admitting it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Dude get a grip...everyone expresses themselves in different ways especially during a emotional game. The people that cry about people expressing disappointment are just as bad or worse.....relax.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Dang, Steelers keep trying to age me. I am 68 and right now feel like 86

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    All averages out when we feel like kids again after the dance

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yeah but there are a few that seem to just hang on every bad play waiting for a chance to keep saying they were right and this team is dumb and how bad Tomlin is and how they don't wear the rose colored glasses but then when it is time to discuss football during the week they aren't seen for 5 weeks

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It's not the rational disappointment. It's the "sky is falling" blah blah blah that's hard to take. On the board, and in life, there are just some very negative people.

I guess the constant negative vibes are hard for me to understand. I have chosen to be a positive person. There is no doubt my life is better because of that. With that in mind, I frown on people in my vicinity who try to drag me down.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok there might be a few that go overboard I understand the frustration but the whining about it and the I was right you were wrong brigade is every bit as annoying. We all love the Steelers which is why we're here but everyone is entitled to there emotions during a game and the people who are rubbing it in against those who chose to express some dissatisfaction are every bit as annoying.
    Wow if we all,agreed on everything and we all reacted the same way this would be a boring place to frequent....which I do every day.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I get it ,I really do but to each their own is all I'm saying. I just don't think there's a reason to call people out, unless they are clearly just trolling the board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You don't look a day over 63

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was wrong....I'm more then happy to admit it and ecstatic of the outcome. The refs finally took off their blinders. Its hard enough to beat the bungals but trying to win against the refs also...make it difficult to win a game

• Like Like x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed, my original post was meant in good faith as a friendly jab. Sometimes text can make one/me look like grump/jerk. Not my intent.

• Like Like x 1
  16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My blood pressure before the game 127/70 heart rate 75 after the game 155/97 heart rate 99! My wife has threaten to not let me watch another game....lol... I told her that would be grounds for divorce

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife is a nurse. I get that and commentary on my game day diet. Good women are hard to find.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thank you and dobbler ha.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I was thinking 73.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Read this on another site.

Although it varies drastically by city and circumstances, every team has a certain percentage of fans that can be classified as "Negative Nellies." In any given sports scenario: An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty and someone with "Negative Nelly" syndrome sees the glass completely empty, with only the remnants of the poison he just ingested remaining.

The severity of the syndrome various drastically. Those who are mildly afflicted are prone to doomsday hyperbole about the consequences of a single loss or player injury.

Those with a more severe affliction are prone to drastic mood swings, misplaced rage/affection, suicidal/homicidal threats—all of which can shift suddenly from minute to minute. These types usually even find tragic fault with a loss—being around them is exhausting.

I have a number of people like this in my life and have found that the severity of the symptoms can be multiplied exponentially by excessive amounts of alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  21. PotterBob

PotterBob New Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Lewis is calling out the officiating. Once he watches film of the first half, he should resign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ben was playing sucky and last week he had a qbr of 18....Haley playcalling sucks and going for 2 is totally unnecessary. If you want to get technical

• Like Like x 1
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Coincidence they start calling **** on the Bengals when the Ravens game is pretty much decided? I think not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First the Rooneys tell Tomlin to let the Browns win and now the refs are in on a conspiracy theory?
    I think you may be on to something here.

Edit: I think you just may be on something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    NFL needed the Christmas game to be important. We didn't start getting calls until the Ravens were up 10.

• Disagree Disagree x 1