1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Buffalo Chips Preseason Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Ok now there is an explanation that gives some perspective, however who is more of a powerhouse to keep testing your offense, Buffalo or Atlanta. I would used them another series considering the number of plays they actually played was negligible.

2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Well, that is how you win games.:shrug:

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yeah I couldn’t care less if they win or lose a preseason game. I wanted to see sustained drives and a solid run game. We saw neither

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    One of the main purposes of preseason games is to get them ready for the regular season. Ironing out kinks etc. in the past starters would play a series in the first game, a quarter in the second, and a half in the third. Leaving the 4th game for backups and bubble players to prove their worth. I don’t see a good reason to switch that formula now. Our offense is very young and needs the work

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    With less preseason games I would have thought they would have come out for another series since the 2nd was one play. They need every snap they can get. With the short week I guess that dictated this.

6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Jaylen Warren and Najee Harris are perfect examples of why it usually isn’t wise to draft a RB in the first round when you can obtain a talented rusher much later in the draft. It also wouldn’t be wise to break the bank for Najee when his rookie contract is up.

7. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Final preseason game is on Thursday and will be live in ALL markets on NFL network. The only other game Thursday is on Prime Video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guess You just refuse to see the passes that Trubisky totally missed His guy, or how about the throw into double coverage in the end zone....He tried to give it back to Buffalo 2 plays after JPJ intercepted it., or the 7 tries it took for them to score , and wouldn't have except for Buffalo penalties. Guess You didn't see all that. Geez funny How if one does it its ok....if the other does it.....He sucks.LoL

10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Steelers fans: we didn't have enough big plays last year

Also Steelers fans: not enough sustained drives in the preseason.

Still better than looking sloppy as hell like the Bills did. I'll take it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I didn't miss anything. I don't refuse to see anything. Only people with agendas refuse to see things and admit what really happened. I posted here in another thread that in the last game Rudolph played better than Trubisky did. I call it as I see it. That's all you can do is judge them on how they played. That's it.

Rudolph wasn't good at all last night.

You don't want to look at Rudolph's performance last night and admit he wasn't very good. You want to look at Mitch Trubisky and try to find fault with everything he did. That's not an honest assessment of what happened in last night's game.

This isn't a contest to me. I'm not picking a side in this competition between the two players. I am evaluating each performance as I see it. If you think Rudolph played better than Trubisky in the Bills game, I don't know what you're basing that on. Nothing I saw tells me Rudolph outplayed Trubisky.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I really watn najee to do well, hell even get the 5th year option..but he was older when he was drafted and as you say, not only not break the bank but hard to make any offer that he would consider disrespectful. It's just how the business works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If you get the regular NFL Network our boys are on TNF at 7:30:applaud::applaud::applaud:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    What about the almost pick 6 that Rudolph had in this game...Lucky for Mason,the Bills players had dropped this pick

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    For those who have Rokus, add the NFL app with NFL+....and you can watch on your living room TV. I was able to watch game on living room TV instead of tablet or phone. Don't know if NFL+ will allow this in the regular season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are addressing a topic of interest to me. It is absolutely fair to point out that the opinion of someone who didn't watch the game is less informed than those of people who did see it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It should. I was able to do it last season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, Humphrey was gone when they took Green. Taking Humphrey would have cost them Freiermuth. I still think that's what they should have done. They definitely missed badly on Green. Part of the issue was set up the year before when they passed on Biadasz to take McFarland. He has been a solid center for the Cowboys since then.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't You read what I said. They both almost threw ints, but only one is getting grief. Hell Trubisky almost did it 2 plays after JPJ just got a pick

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1st where did I say Mason out played Trubisky??? I was acknowledging The plays You left off.
    No they both played terrible, but I didn't pick one out, and say He did. Trubisky almost threw a pick twice. Once on the sidelines, and once in the end zone in double coverage. If You didn't have a agenda then why didn't You bring those up??? They both played like crap, and they both had a couple of good passes. Right now I'm scared of both of them as backups

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you talking about the throw that drew a pass interference call? Sure, he should have put it a little higher, but he made a good decision there, throwing to Washington with a linebacker on him.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Trubisky was better against better competition, just as he was all of last preseason. Rudolph sucked against guys likely to be unemployed or on a practice squad. Both of his near interceptions were poor decisions, ones you shouldn't see from a sixth-year pro playing against the third and fourth string.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2023
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It was double coverage, and He hardly looked when He threw it. Yes it was a PI.....still doesn't mean it wasn't double coverage.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do understand the same guys You play against are usually thr same guy You play with. I should not have to explain this.

25. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Not questioning what you saw, just said I wouldn’t automatically fault a QB for not diving on a loose ball in a preseason game.