1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Broncos Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    stairway to seven

2. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    nooo lose!!!!

3. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Actually since it was going to the 2 minute warning, you throw it in the stands. Clock was going to stop either way - don't lose the yards there. Just throw it into the first row.

4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Sadly, I agree with this.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah dude I'm right there with you. It's just one thing after another when it comes to boneheaded plays. When people are always telling me how good we are because of the highlights and stat lines they see it really gets under my skin. With the talent we have on the offensive side of the ball we should be blowing people out but the scary thing is we have to settle for a lot of FGs to the point that Boswell actually entered the history books today. We really need to quit letting teams hang around and we need to start going with what is working and keep doing it until it isn't working. Then just rinse and repeat. That's pretty much what the pats have done for years and it has worked pretty much all that time. It's almost like it's so simple that it's genius. Denver's front is phenomenal and we were eating their corners up but we still insisted on getting in 3rd and longs by running on 1st and 2nd. Stuff like that drives me crazy.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think main reason it will be hard to beat the Pats in the playoffs is not so much that we do stupid stuff but that they do smart stuff. If I'm Brady or ANY qb I'm DYING to go at Blake.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully Boykin took Blakes job today and we won't have to see that.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope we've seen the last of the Tackling Torso!

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You aint lying. Simms kept talking about how we had "tightened" the coverage and I was like "apparently you've never heard of Antwon Blake but when he's in the game his man is generally very far away from him or vice versa". Boykin almost had a pick and Cockrell had some nice coverage that forced a Thomas drop as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's been doing this since day 1..and he'll do it again.we just have to live with it

11. mikeyd572

mikeyd572 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There is a real possibility that we will need to get past Denver in the first playoff before we start worrying about anyone else. There is even a distinct possibility that Peyton will be back by then.

12. Ivan

Ivan Member

Nov 30, 2015
    I do blame Blake, but the coaches more so, because it has been so obvious! Blake doesn't have the instincts for the position. He's been doing this all season. Watch loss to Pat's & Chief's and every other Defensive coordinator figured out where to throw the ball. He's lost, cannot move around in his pads/uniform and tries to hug people instead of tackling...I am sure he's got a lot of heart an all. But in second half when they put him in that one play, guess who Broncos threw too? Thomas, because Blake was covering, and if Thomas didn't happen to gather it up catch out of bounds, it would have been a game changer. Stick to scheme without Blake, please that D is obviously working!!

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and I'd say if Osweiler keeps the inconsistency up that he definitely will get his job back.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I still cannot believe Ben R makes this boneheaded play? Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!
    He can be a superstar or a turnover machine. Stupid.