1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Broncos Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I can't wait for BFT to get back from church and see what happened! His (and our) prayers were answered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well Broncos have been shut out 2nd half past 3 games lol

3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes they were. Whatever he did worked!

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup he gets a gameball

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    "We'll not score a-nother TD" (in the commercial cadence)

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope one of the biggest positives coming out of this game is that Ben realizes how stupid that throw was ....fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ok, caught up in the euphoria of the comeback, and seconds away from having one of our world famous Vermont craft beers-
    but will say that this today was one of the seminal Steelers games of our current generation. And I go back to 1974!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lord....thank you Jesus Christ!! I didn't think we had a chance to win this game and I stated it several times and gave my reasons...But God ,who is rich in His Glory and Mercy...heard my prayers and came through for us once again!! Steelernation...be humble and thankful!

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I get the impression Blake is better suited for equipment manager!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Lawson's Finest or The Alchemist?

11. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    You honestly didn't think the Steelers could win this game? While I wouldn't have been shocked to see them lose, I expected a win. They've been playing hot and at home they're a tough team.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Shut your brain down suspend disbelief and enjoy the ride.

13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Typical exciting game finish. .they can never make it easy . I knew an int was coming..Great job by the D in the 2nd half..

14. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012
    Neither, although both are extremely good.

I prefer a little ditty called Second Fiddle, brewed by Fiddlehead brewery right in my own town on Shelburne, VT. Tough to get, but tastier than the other 2 with the same kind of wallop.

I digress...

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I knew it'd be tough sledding and after the first half didn't give them much hope. I'm just pretty impressed with the adjustments and the execution. I'd say their drops were the difference, but our DBs dropping picks balances it out. Great 2nd half.

16. jaygorius

jaygorius Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    That's insane considering how much time Ben missed. Wow.

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow, he is Amazing!!

18. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012
    Brown needs 163 yards in the last 2 games to set the AFL/AFC single season receiving yards record, a record that has stood since 1961. He needs to get 381 yards to set the all time record, which given the way he has been playing, is not of the the realm of possible.

19. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    First half D... Total garbage. And I maintain that 41 is the worst player on the entire team. However.....2nd half, balls of steel D!! Just awesome!! I rescindmy softness comments cuz that was nails! And AB... There is no better. Period. Ben too. Dude gets barely any credit and without him, this team is below avg. and tomlin wd have been fired 3 yrs ago.

20. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    very similar to the one against cincy...

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know that's why my fingers will remain crossed cause he didn't learn from that one....just can't have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! YOU AINT KIDDIN'! They almost had to give me a heart attack and caused me to waste one of my Santa wishes on asking for Tomlin to get a brain at the end but they got it together. I'm telling you dude when Ben threw that stupid pick I think I had a mental breakdown. I just could not believe the stupidity of that play. I still stand by the fact that our collective football iq is on the Forrest Gump side of the chart like that Dr. told his mom. I mean I understand that we had thrown it well for the most part but Ben could have just literally laid down and it wouldn't have been that much of a big deal. We just do NOT understand situational football. I kept screaming at the tv on Ben's last kneel down for Tomlin to NOT take a timeout! I honestly don't know that I would have been surprised if he would have.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Maybe I should just insult these guys BEFORE each game. Then we may not have to go through the azz whippin part!

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it is more Bens competitive nature, he just has to make something out of nothing. There was no benefit for throwing that pass, even if completed, it was short of the first down and likely would have gone out of bonds stopping the clock.

The right thing to do there would have been for Ben just to run a few more yards up field and go to the ground.

This was a frustrating game, despite how great the win was, I had a hard time enjoying it. I was livid at how inept the defense was to start the game, 14 games in and the secondary still forgets to cover guys and Sanders waltz into the endzone. Wallace taking that stupid PF penalty, that was just flat out dirty and stupid. The offense was exchanging TD's for FG's again and of course there was Bens horrendous interception. This team just drives you nuts.

But then they showed just what they are capable of in the second half. Just wish they wouldn't put us all through the wringer so much!

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, Ben with another bonehead int throwing to the sideline :facepalm:.