1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Bills

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bill defense will make it nearly impossible to move the ball. I don't have any faith in Fichtner to come up with a game plan to score on these guys. It's inexcusable that he did not have Vance heavily involved in todays game plan. Arizona has been mauled by every TE this year, they are as bad as the Steelers were defending TE's prior to this season. I know Vance left with a concussion but he only had 1 catch up until then and could have used Vannett afterwards, Arizona is that bad at covering them.

Now you're facing a secondary with no weaknesses to exploit. They will need Conner back for this one, heavy dose of running and dare I say, maybe bubble screens. You thought I was going to say the wildcat didn't you, I better not see any of that mickey mouse stuff, Bills will destroy that.

I have faith our defense can contain Allen, he's Lamar Jackson light and the Steelers have handled Jackson better than any other team this year.

Going to be a tough game, I give the Bills the edge since they have a better offense and a defense to match ours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Duck is 3-0
    Game is at Heinz Field
    Allen turns it over
    Can't wait

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Duck is going to have an ugly game next week, Arizona is an extremely generous defense and he could only muster 152 yards. They had the right idea though, limit his pass attempts, only 19.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Our secondary needs to ice the Bills game. Their success has been with their receivers.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Have to watch Singeltary too. He just put up 118 all purpose yards against the Ravens. He doesn't score a lot though, down by the goalline, Allen and Gore usually handle the work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Our offense has to step up.

It would be great if we win the next couple games over Bills and Jets. Probably would have clinched a wildcard with that result. Then for Ratbird game probably neither team needs to play starters and we get a "bye" week too.

First step. Beat the Bills. Even if we lose, the Titans have a really tough schedule left and we should make up the game. They will probably lose two more games.

7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Steelers offense has to carry their fair share. If the defense is great, but the offense goes 3 and out a lot, the defense will start to wear down. I am looking forwardto the matchup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    L

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers open as one point favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still stand by my prediction that this will be the game that Mason Rudolph returns to the field.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Blast Furnace.

I have been saying this for well over a month now and I will repeat.... Where the "F" are the TEs? I am so frustrated of this BS regarding the TEs. They need to be an intricate part of this "O". Instead they are auditioning for roles in the "Invisible Man". They can, and should be, there for the "O" as a whole and especially for the young QBs on this team. As I have said many times before...."Just Disgusting".

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't make sense that he would see less work after losing AB and Bell. Plus no Conner and JuJu.

Ficht needs to go but as long as Ben is on the team, I imagine so will Fichtner.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    1 PT fav at home usually meens you underdog since home field is worth 3 pts most of the time. i like the underdog keeps them hungry

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    All the X's and O's from our standpoint should be tossed out the window. We are who we are at this point. Can't imagine we'll see anything unique from Mr. No-imagination on offense.

This is the right game at the right time. Both teams fighting for playoff life. Both have something to prove as we haven't beaten a really good team lately and they couldn't topple the beast yesterday.

This will be the best test for us and it will, or at least should, answer the biggest question for us...are we actually ready for the playoffs.

I said it before, you have to win the games you are supposed to win and split the rest. That means beating the Jets and splitting between Bills and Ravens. We don't know who is resting who in week 17, so we must beat the Bills.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Our loses have come against teams stronger then us. Bills are stronger then us.

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I look at the Bills games as a defining one in which the true trajectory of this year can be validated. We win against the Bills and all this talk about this being a fantasy year so far, ends. To me it will no longer be fantasy but a legitimate run to the post season. After each weeks win my post season hopes about double and now we have a more serious challenge that I believe we can win. I believe our speed on defense can contain the Bills offense and keep their QB's head on a swivel looking to avoid a sack.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Gonna be a defensive game, low scoring...Really like our chances...Murray is probably the 2nd fastest, elusive QB in the league...That is Buffalo's & Allen's bread & butter...I just have a feeling we're gonna batter & harass Allen all game, Thus making him skiddush & bad mistakes...Which he is prone to do anyhow because accuracy is not his strong point

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    We pushed the 49ers, Seahawks and Ravens to the brink,....... Where is your faith people

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The bills have one win against a team with a winning record this season. That would be Tennessee. They’re not all that

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    It helps that it's a home game. I think we'll win, but it's going to be a super close.

21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    That is blasphemy around here.

22. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Bills record is built on a soft schedule. They are a lot like our current team. We have home field advantage and we play on prime time at night. This is when the hangman is coming and opponents get very afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    To pick up the kicking tee?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    The Ravens defensive line and linebackers kept harassing the Bills QB. It frustrated the Bills and they couldn't get any momentum. Watt, Dupree, Heywood, Hargrave have to do the same, along with timely blitzes will need to come thru big time. Their defense is a lot like ours, should be low scoring and interesting game. Home crowd should help.

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Titans are peaking at the right time though..

• Agree Agree x 2