1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs Bengals MNF Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 16, 2013.

1. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hell the refs dicked us with the clock at the end too. We weren't gonna win, but they took every shot at us while we were down that they could.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Worked so well for him last night!

3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    the hurry up also needs a little hit of hurry in it too

4. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    looking at the schedule....I see 4 wins. And that's generous. We're fourth in our division

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I came to the thread just looking for thoughts on this play....

If you look...when he got up and turned towards the ball to get it the ref blew it dead so he didn't try for it. Thats what I kept saying over and over...what happened to the ref's letting the play happen and not jumping to conclusions or whatever...ESPECIALLY on plays like that (turnovers/etc).

Yup.

6. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    this. i can't stand the Harbaughs, but one thing they do way better than any Steelers' staff member is coach. at least they give a damn when their team is playing like a bunch of worthless sissies.

(yes, the Steelers ARE worthless sissies this year)

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I love how one of the highlights at the end was Ben getting his head ripped off.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Only one game back in the division. Things will turn around.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    NO he didn't. He knew 1 second wasn't going score a TD then onside kick and throw another one. The ref put us out of our missery

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :lolol:

11. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They played a good team. We payed an ok team

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm optimistic saw lots of good things on defense if they can continue getting healthy and offensively I think they need to go simple. Man to man block, short passes to open up that coverage but it all starts with Ben he has to want it to work.

13. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's a fact, screwed us at the end, and cost us the Paulson fumble in the first half too.

True lol

14. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Ben will continue to be Ben so we won't get as much as we could. The best we can hope for now is they start to learn to play together but not so well that they win a few games at the end and pooch our draft choice.

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know what happened, guys. I really thought we'd pull the upset tonight and get on track. Divisional game. MNF. We're an underdog so we'll be playing angry. Uh, didn't happen. Gonna be a long season.:facepalm:

16. Greg the man Lloyd

Oct 16, 2011
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Dude's running for his life. What do you want him to want work?

18. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I haven't seen this team play angry in a looooong time.

19. Greg the man Lloyd

Oct 16, 2011
    I want the chin back for attitude.

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You can root for the whiny beeyotch if you want, I'll take the guy who's actually won a SB.
    Pssssst, Belichick (sp?) doesn't show a lot of emotion either. What a loser! Dungy didn't show much emotion. He sucks. Landry wasn't a ball of emotion on the sideline. Get rid of that guy, he'll never amount to anything!
    Keep Tomlin, get rid of Haley and Redman!

22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    HE isn't always running for his life, he still looks off the short passes in favor of a lower percentage throw downfield, still telegraphs some of the screens, I don't know what Haley is calling but there were very few intermediate routes like quick slants, still wants to pump fake on a three step drop on timing routes, and at times when he doesn't like the play call you can tell the effort is piss poor. Most importantly you don't do your John Wayne imitation when you are in a field possession type of game. take the safe throw get what you can and punt it.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If we can some how beat the Bears and Vikes, get to the bye and get a few key players back we might make something of this season.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought the OL played a little better. Velasco played well it looked like. TTF,something has to be open they cant be taking away everything. We continue to look f
    for the deep pass. Just take what the D gives us. They need to establish some sort of rhythm . He middle of the field was wide open ,even the announcers said their ILBs can't cover. Slants and crosss are wide open. Make them cheat up to stop it then look deep. I just don't know anymore there seems to be something big missing. There is something wrong philosophically with the O. Lebeau has to start taking more chances and mixing up coverages it's just pitch and catch. I'd rather see us die being aggressive ,than a slow painful death. Our struggles on O might need to fall on our defenses laps. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted. They're killing me.

25. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd also like to see more of Wheaton and Moye and if they are keeping DJ on the team then put him in and maybe he can hurt someone. But again I think they have to go simple for the OLine and just let them maul,run some jumbo sets and get some positive yards and let them get a small taste of success.