1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. 49ers official game thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Sep 10, 2023.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    KP is the biggest gut punch. Looked like mason out there yikes

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I actually think that was more of an ass kicking.

Today they seemed over confident, got punched in the mouth right away, shook, and never settled in.

They just looked stunned that NONE of their prep had any effect. Then player injuries had them searching for answers that weren’t there.

The O line couldn’t hold a pocket long enough for them to put call many deep ball plays and when did accuracy and timing was off. The run game stymied.

Gut check time right away for next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Spot on. But I think Muth just got the wind knocked out. He had his TD just after right…?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We all are upset that is for sure but I wouldn't get down on them just yet. Now if they come out flat against Browns I'll start worrying. I didn't expect them to light the NFL on fire after Ben retired. Takes time for QB to adjust to NFL. We do not know if Pickett will be with us long term. Still way to early. There will be growing pains!! AFC is tough and has good young QB's with experience. This could be a very bumpy ride and those teams you listed gonna be tough games. Should season go to hell I would hope to at least crush Rodgers and the Jets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    That was his choice. Watt “sat in” the 2021 season and had 2 sacks to start the season. You can make your point and still be a team first player or you can be a petulant child

6. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I saw him roll itch his balls the other night.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Other than Anthony McFarland Jr. and T.J. Watt, everything today that could have gone wrong... did go wrong; doubly so on the injury front. That all said, Week 1 is in the books. Thank goodness there is 16 weeks remaining.

That said, next week isn't going to be any easier. Cleveland just smacked a Bengals Team that went to three straight AFC Championship Games. Turn around has to be quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    He picks his ass and then pulls at his peter every single time. Love how they are blanking out the box where it says where he's from.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelrules

May 12, 2013
    They wanted to see what a real football stadium looks like. If you ever get a chance to visit Levi Stadium you will know what I mean. It just lacks all the characteristics that makes football.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Pickett threw into triple coverage, was inaccurate and regressed to what he was in his first couple years at Pitt. Dare I say that Rudolph has more upside than Pickett. There I said it. Tomlin's first losing season coming up. Same old open receiver on third down defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    San Fransicko is a s**thole but, the 9ers don't play there anymore

12. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Watt was going up against a rookie RT who did practice against Bosa all off season. As good as Watt was today I was actually expecting more of a game wrecking performance from him.

Not gonna say that I was disappointed, but I think he should have gotten home much more.

13. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Well said I’m still not getting You tube tv

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    I think that’s all a bit much. Even after todays pitiful performance.

I’m hoping it was a major wake up call.

15. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    What more do some of you guys want from Watt, really? 49ers would have probably hung 40+ on us today without Watt. With how dominating one player on the front 7 is, the rest of the group should be feasting every down. Jeez

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    I have great internet and it kept bufferring in the 2nd half. I was angry. The picture also sucks if you run it through a receiver. I hated it. Total fail by the money grubbing NFL.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I thought same thing.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    NYC and Honolulu both have a higher cost of living then San Fran

19. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Really good to hear thanks I’ll have one of the kids figure something out for me

20. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020

Agree, NOT ready to play/did NOT bring "it" over confident great description
    Flat n got asses kicked on scoreboard AND field period, injuries shoe that too

Pickett looked overwhelmed n pressing IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sure, you can say it. You look like an idiot for posting it, but you be you.

It wasn’t triple coverage. It was double. Down 23 in the fourth quarter he forced one. Honestly, that was the least of my concerns with Pickett today. He locked in on his primary receiver too much and he missed too many open throws.

22. Steelrules

May 12, 2013
    Agree. I know that this is a sport that has surge over the years, but $400 for Sunday Ticket is too rich for my taste

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    It presents well on TV, but then so does Arrowhead or whatever the hell it's called now, Geha or some such trash. However, S.T.D. says he's been there a couple of times and it's a dump, lol.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is just silly. He got three sacks in a game and forced fumbles on two of them. This was against an offense that was getting the ball out quickly most of the day. It is tough to get home if the secondary can’t cover, but he still did it three times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I believe it and neither surprise me, especially NY.