1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers-Titans game postponed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by GOAT, Sep 30, 2020.

1. GOAT

GOAT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This week's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans, originally scheduled to be played at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, has been postponed, a league source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The game is expected to be played either on Monday or Tuesday.

The decision to postpone the AFC matchup comes after four Titans players and five Titans personnel tested positive for COVID-19 in the days following their Week 3 win over the Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis. No member of the Vikings has tested positive.

Around The NFL will have more on the Steelers-Titans postponement shortly.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm actually very happy it's going to be on Monday or Tuesday. I would have missed it if it was on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Pathetic that the NFL seems to have no plan in place for dealing with a team having players test positive. They can't pretend that this was a surprise. It was inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What is that Postponement really going to do?

If it is that bad, they should just cancel.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Financial decisions, in an ever-changing scenario, are typically made last minute. And the NFL is a business, football just happens to be the widget they sell.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    We've (collectively) been flying by the seat of our pants since March. No big surprise here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

If it's played on Monday or Tuesday, maybe the NFLNetwork can show the game.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As long as they play I'll be happy and I'll get to see it now.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Where and what time is it being broadcast, any idea?

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    BOOOOOO, come Monday or Tuesday they will want to postpone it again

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Not me ill have to call in those nights to watch, NFL taking $$ out of my pocket :mad:

12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    So they will play Tuesday and then have to play Sunday against a team that was off since Sunday. How is that fair? This is so ****ed up. The NFL looks so incompetent for not having a plan in place. They should have had additional bye weeks built in to deal with this sort of thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Stay tuned, no announcement yet

14. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I thought they had extended practice squads for this scenario?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What is going to change between now and Tuesday?

Should be next man up.

If a player tests positive they are suppose to quarantine for 14 days. So that would mean that those that have tested positive would be out at least 2 weeks.

Unless they relax guidelines then this is going to throw a monkey wrench into the Titans/Vikings seasons if the virus spreads as vigorously as they say it does.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    A one or 2 day postponement just shows that roger goodell has absolutely no knowledge of covid-19..... They should reschedule this game for the end of the season

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    This is bull****. Well now the Tomlin fan club has a built in excuse and it's probably fair.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What is going to change is they have the opportunity to keep testing the Titans to see if more turn up positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Make it up in a night double-header!

20. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I don't see how that would beneficial. If no other players test positive by 1 PM on Sunday and then they test the same player on Monday or Tuesday and they do test positive then they find themselves in another quagmire anyways.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm disappointed that the game is postponed, but I'll watch other games and I'll get to watch NASCAR @ Talladega Sunday. I actually like the night games. I don't care what time they play the game, I'll be watching. My guess though would be 7:00 eastern time. Tennessee is CT & Pittsbugh is ET

22. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I think they should quarantine the affected players and resume the normal schedule. If it gets so bad that they cannot field 53 players then that will be a huge problem obviously but until that happens they should go about business as usual. Delaying the game by a day or 2 does not make much sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Simcoe

Simcoe New Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Long time lurker, first time poster... I think the NFL is doing a decent job here, all things considered. One issue is the latency period between exposure and testing positive, which can be 5-7 days. So my guess is that the league is quarantining the Titans while waiting for that time to pass, and then re-test the whole team/staff. At that point, and not until then, the league will know just how many players/staff have tested positive from exposure to the one assistant coach that apparently started this situation (and whom the team was exposed to up until last Saturday, I believe). At that time the league will be able to decide what to do with this weeks game and whether the Titans can field a team. We just have to be patient for the time being.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Don’t leave out the part about how that should protect the Steelers as it gives more time for any other cases on the titans to appear.

25. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it’s less about those who test positive now, and more so for the asymptotic carriers that may test positive come Sunday. Have to control the outbreak within the team so they don’t pass it to the Steelers.