1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers tickets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ajay1512, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Ajay1512

Ajay1512 Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Hi everyone, I wonder if you guys could help me with some information. I live in the U.K. and I am planning a visit to the Steel City later this year. I am planning to visit the Citadel, otherwise known as Heinz Field to take in a game (or two!) What I would like to know is, how do I get game tickets? Is there a ticket office at Heinz Field where I can buy them? What is the average price of a game ticket? I have been led to believe that I can buy tickets from Ticketmaster. If this is so, how soon before the game should I buy them? How do regular fans buy your tickets? I am only interested in one, maybe two single game tickets. Any help from the Nation would be greatly appreciated

2. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016

They go on Ticketmaster sale between May ( When they went on sale in 2015), June ( Last year went out in June) and July ( All the other years this was the month of sales). Your best bet is to call the ticket office and ask May 1st. They may tell you the exact date or to call back at a certain time for more info.

You can also go through stubhub too.

3. Ajay1512

Ajay1512 Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Many thanks for your reply. From your information, I assume that Ticketmaster have tickets available for all games and you just choose the ones you want to attend. They would be in the form of e.tickets and you just print them off yourself. is this correct? Once again, many thanks.

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Keep in mind, for the most part, the games have been sold out for many years. Somehow, a few tickets are getting sold every year through Ticketmaster. They might be seats that license holders just didn't buy for whatever reason. There usually aren't a lot, and many are single tickets. Usually, it is hard to get them, but last year they actually lasted a few days.

Stubhub is an option but you will pay a premium.

When they are about to go on sale, there is usually a post here and something on Steelers.com

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Home game tickets for face value from Ticket master are usually on sale around first week in June, if you are a steelers nation unite member you can get in on a pre sale too.

The better games are virtually impossible to get though (Ravens, Patriots), better chance getting those through another site, like stub hub.

6. Ajay1512

Ajay1512 Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Many thanks for all the info guys. Really appreciated.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    One more thought, you can buy tickets from scalpers on game day. This obviously has a lot more uncertainty involved coupled with the distance you are coming. Availability is very much a function of our record, opponent and weather. After the 4 game loosing streak last year, tickets were abundant and below face value. With a good record and a home game against Baltimore, forget it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  8. Ajay1512

Ajay1512 Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Who or what are scalpels?

9. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Anyone know how long they've been on the waitlist for?

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry, typo.

Scalpers: People who buy and sell tickets on the street. Usually not far from the stadium on game day.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last I heard, they were up to April 1995