1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers throw the ball 44 times but only runs it 17 times

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Dec 20, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This game was very frustrating tonight. It was a horrible offensive game plan because of Arians. They threw the ball 44 times and only ran it 17 times. Everytime the Steelers throw the ball that many times, they lose.

How could Tomlin let Arians come into the game with that type of game plan with a QB with a bum leg? That was a sorry performance for the entire team. How stupid and dumb that was. This makes me believe that Tomlin has no control over what Arians and Ben does. I know he has nothing to say about what Lebeau does with the defense. He has no clue as to clock management. That was a debacle at the end of the first half with that clock management.

Tomlin just stands there and lets all this stupid stuff go on around him. The same stuff goes on week after week. The offense doesn't work in its current form. The defense can't come up with turnovers. Guys like Farrior are to old and slow and hurts the team at very crucial times. Point in case: Vernon Davis ran right by Farrior and caught a crucial pass that started the down fall of the Steelers. They scored a TD after that catch. Tomlin lets stuff like that go on. Why isn't Slyvester not starting instead of Farrior? These are questions that should be answered.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Re: Steelers throw the ball 44 times but only runs it 17 tim

Welcome to Ba's world, Usually always a poor game plan.
    I can't wait til he is gone, and hopefully the Steelers will bring in somebody
    that understands the running game. Aren't you people tired of it already?

3. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

BA cant get out of town quick enough!! And Tomlin needs to step up and do his d@#n job for achange. This joe cool on the sidelines who never lights anyone up is getting old. If it aint working change it. Dont just keep watching it play after play! UUUGGHHHHHH!!!! This loss has me so pissed today. We should have easily won that game!! :mad: :frustrated:

4. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Maybe someone should spike BA's food with hash or help him shoot himself in the foot. Seems like that's the only way we're willing to part with people these days.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Not sure what you guys expected against the #1 run defense. The fact that we threw it so much was the least of our problems last night.... :?

6. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

We ran the ball effectively, not every down, but it was effective. It just wasn't given a chance.

7. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Really? A team that can't run against the leagues worst run defense and we are complaining about no run game again. Did we suddenly get a new o-line? Oh, wait, we even had the BU center in as the pro bowler was out with an ankle injury. You people amaze me, but it doesn't matter, even if Ben was healthy it doesn't matter, the WRs dropping ball, Heath Miller again gets a ball throw high, yes, but it goes through his hands, a ball he was capable of at least knocking down. The whole team played horrible.

8. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

LOL!

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

This is my point as well.....the playcalling was the LEAST of our problems last night. No one else has run it on SF WHY would we suddenly be able to do it with our OL? It just wasnt going to happen. Then, having Ben be a one dimentional player (SF didnt have to worry about him leaving the pocket at all)- I think BA did what he could with what he had and I am NO Arians fan....

10. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

The league averages 3.3 yards per carry against SF, we ran for 4.3 yards per carry. The game plan worked, the turnovers killed us.

Steelers fans can be such cry babies, we lose to a great team (11-3) with key injuries and suspension and "we" call for firing the highly successful coaching staff. GB actually lost to KC and TEN lost to IND.

This is why other teams fans call us the most obnoxious fans, we deserve it. There is a serious lack of perspective.

11. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011

Exactly!!! Well said!!! Its nice to know that there are others around here with some common sense.

12. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I nominate this for post of the week :thumbs_up:

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

I don't think fans would take issue with losing an occasional game to a lesser opponent, as the Saints did to the Rams or the Packers did to the Chiefs. It happens. It's the NFL. Problem is, the Steelers are getting challenged quite a bit by these lesser opponents. Nail biters against Indy, Jax, KC, and Cleveland. Not really a good sign.

14. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

we were behind for all of the game....when you are behind you pass the ball silly

15. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

:this!: :goodpost: