1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers sign Panthers OT Trent Scott

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, May 13, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    seems like this team is so young at many spots that they are signing some vets that are backups but have had some time in the league to help them along. not having to spend a ton of money but still have some vet presence to teach and create some competition amongst the positions. having vet backups for in season roles. this team is rebuilding with younger players in starting roles, like it or not. pretty much every position has these type of guys. QB.. mason and mitchell, O-Line...haeg, scott, green, cole, hassenauer, D-Line good starters to help the newbies along, OLB... simon, avery, ILB.. avery, UG3, allen, spillane, safety, edmunds, kazee, killebrew, joseph, RB...snell, WR...boykin, TE... gentry. is it a good philosophy? we shall see. :shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Trent Scott has a very good grade. His upper body strength is above average, and athletic professionals say he could easily improve his muscle mass by more than 80% with proper training. Both his run and pass blocking skills are slightly above average currently but quickly improving. His football IQ is high as he watches hours of film daily, and was co-author of a recent book entitled “Pro football: a job, a life, a philosophy.” In his off-time he practices shamanic healing and acts as a physical chemistry consultant to multiple pharmaceutical companies.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He sucks in pass protection regardless of what position he is playing. It wasn't just that he was beaten. The first sack, the defender went right through him. On the second, he didn't even slow Bosa down. The brief time he started for the Bucs the previous season, they quickly gave up on starting him at tackle after he looked like a turnstile when they tried.

You can see both sacks by the Chargers starting at around the two-minute mark in this video.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where are you getting this? All I've seen was the crappy grade by PFF, not that I take them seriously. I just hadn't seen anything positive about Scott.

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This guy has taken troll to a new low

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I hadn't noticed him before, but I see it now. After I responded to his post on this thread, I saw his baseless commentary on Pickett.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea i have s

yea, i have seen them from a top veiw. one of them green bumps into him trying to help but neither is great. still that's two out of 307 plays. not saying he's ideal nor is scott but it could also be worse. now he can run block pretty well. as i said i think he's OK as a right tackle and i think it's his best spot. as i have said before though, on gameday leglue can play ever spot on the line and that is valuable on gameday with the limited manpower that can be fielded. it's always a lessor player that comes after a starter or they would be the starter. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you in the same grade as Benny Lava

She’s in middle school

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I don't expect to see anything special from Scott.
    He's bounced around.

At Grambling, he was dominate and as I look at some old note, he didn't give up a sack. It was his 5th year also.
    Yet, still, he was undrafted.

He has experience but probably the only way he makes the roster is if he proves he's better than the worst OL-man.
    As far as signing, it is always good when you open competition. His contract doesn't hurt and it is a 'look and see' deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I don't mind the signing. I just don't see him helping all that much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1