1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

steelers should invite brian banks to next otas

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, May 26, 2012.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Somebody started a thread about him but directed to a big ben topic. I say why not bring him in see what hes got crazier has happened

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This guy~ Brian Banks Wants NFL Shot
    ...and no. The guy hasn't played since high school, which was what...7 years ago?

4. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What position did he play/would he play?

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I guess he was a Middle Linebacker in highschool.

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I dont see what a try out hurts. I will never doubt anybody with heart and a point to prove. after the ben, mendy, and harrison some good pr would be nice. all the major colleges were offering him a full ide. if he showed anything at all after 7 years I would put him on the ps. he could be a true diamond in the rough and like I said crazier has happened. hell look at matt cassell didnt start a game didnt play a game since high school and went 11-5 for new england like i said a try out hurts absolutely nothing

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If we have the room why not, but that many years away from the game and in the pen might be too much rust to knock off. Maybe he was able to get jacked, but how much cardio and burst training could he have done in there? Who knows, a special teams spot to get things on track maybe

Normally I am all for this kind of stuff but this year I think we have soooo much talent on the team already that needs to be developed, I just don't know who to cut for this project.