1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers scouting RB Mike GIllislee

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 26, 2013.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Are you forgetting Emmitt Smith? He played at Florida didn't he? I'd say he was pretty successful and good although it pains me in every part of my body to say that. Let's just keep it between us ok? lol.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree with alot of what you are saying, but most think i'm nuts anyway, so hey. i still like some florida players though. elam for one.

as far as pouncey, i do like him and it's true that he's kind of not evolved much here, but i think alot of that is about to change. i

've been preaching and preaching about mobility on the O-line for years. the best part of pouncey's game is his ability to hit multiple targets on run plays. thats what they first saw in him. he's not an overpowering guy by any means, but he has also had to play with big slow guards and tackles. i've let it be known that the line is mismatched as far as types of talent. one guy and the guy next to him have very different skillsets and it hurts them both. i

have always thought max was over drafted and so was gilbert. i do however think the best part of pouncey's game will come to fruition with the more mobile line we field next year. i think people are going to be amazed once they come together. it's not going to be instant either, but it will come. our run game will benifit from it, but not as much with slow big backs but smaller quicker guys that can hit a hole and get to the edge with the quicker linemen leading. i

'm not fond of this RB florida has though. i'm a hurricane guy myself. we had many from there over the years make it in the NFL. it just happens that the rest of the country got on to it and has taken them the last 10 years. so they are spread around the country now. give me barner to run behind this mobile line and possibly graham from pitt to go with him and i'd be happy. i do like pryor from FSU as the big back.

i do understand what you are saying though.:cool:

3. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Percy Harvin. I'd love to have him be a steeler. Guy is great with the ball in his hands. Had a good past 2 years with a rookie QB.