1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers scored 0 points in the 4th quarter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bradydaphonedestroyer, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    There is your problem right there, stop blaming 1 bad call....

Having said that , this one still sucks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No, they scored 6. We all saw it. The whole nation saw it. But Goodell and his buddy Kraft thought otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The thing about the bad call, it ignores the fact the offense had the ball with less than 3 minutes and couldn't ice the game. Then throw in Davis' missed int. That ending should have never happened, but they allowed it to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  5. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Absolutely! You cannot beat the system. The holding on the pass to Gronk across the middle was rediculous. Would have been a sack

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

ONLY if they had 3 more.

7. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Dude goodell hates kraft...kraft hates goodell..after deflategate they hate each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers showed heart. Which given the loss this was the most heart I’ve seen out of them.

They could of easily packed up and called it a day many times but didn’t

They lost their team mvp, the gave up a late score, and still almost one, if not for iffy officiating. Not going to call it bad,because I’m not one of those fans, I’ll call it iffy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Yeah ,right there when( they gave the ball bsck) I knew pats will tie it,they were down 8..steelers should've wnt for it on 4th and 1..

You can't give the ball back to ne and rely on your D.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Love or hate does not matter, it’s about who they think will garner the best ratings. There is absolutely no way they make that call against NE.

11. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

If they love ne so much then eli manning would not have 2 of Toms rings.

12. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I called for that in the game thread. If they don't make it, Pats score with even more time on the clock. Convert they may not get the ball back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

Oh well, it' just a game..

• Like Like x 1
  14. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015

15. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Why do people always say “you cannot blame one call”? You most certainly can blame one call, the pass interference on Burns changed the entire game. The call at the end of the game took the winning score down and allowed a team to win that did not earn it. Bryant made a great one hand catch, why ? Because the defender was holding his other hand. Any call, fu$k no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    NY didn’t win off of a call, they won reguardless of them. Do you actually believe the patriots did not commit one judgement penalty? They got a false start.

17. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

What I mean was if the league is pro pats then they should've cooked the giants too with their bs calls.

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    yep, on the next to last possession Haley went conservative play calling and it killed us. Even Romo said we have a hall of fame QB and run your 3rd string running back on 2nd and 23 in the middle. I thought all along we needed to score 30+ to win. To me Haley took the ball out of Ben's hands and got too conservative when we needed Ben's passing even to try for first downs and keep it away from Brady.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Despite obviously winning and getting ****ed... the 3 yard pass on 3rd and 4 made me break things, especially with Eli wide open beyond the sticks. That and Davis not getting the pick. Oh, well.

20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I see as being very good fortunate friend$.

21. Fore2213

Fore2213 New Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Agree.....otherwise Eli would have been called in the grasp and the helmet catch would never have happened!

22. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It is much more difficult to do that underhanded stuff in a game as watched as the SB. They can only do so much to help them. The Patriots win every year off of shi$y calls. It’s not that the Steelers didn’t make mistakes, it was inexcusable for Gronk to be left in single coverage on the 2 point conversion. The deal is that each team will make there own mistakes, and they usually off set. It’s the crap calls like the PI on Burns and the hold on Villanueva that push the game one way. We even played through that and still lost to a rediculous overturn. No one in this country could see if that ball hit the turf. It was called a TD on the field. Imagine if they call the PI on Rogers on the last play.... that’s first and goal at the 1. They definitely pulled his jersey and kept him from the ball.

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That previous possession where we went 3 and out hurt us. If we just scored a field goal there it would have put NE in a tough spot.

Also, on the possession where we had all the penalties ... Todd got really conservative and played for a punt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Jan 16, 2017

All steelers had to do was score 3 points in the 4th quarter to seal a victory ...just 3...

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Why not try to go for it on 4th and 1 at your own 35. Now, your going to say well what if they don’t make it.

If you get it worse case scenario, you give it back with more than likely having one time out and 1:50.

If you pick up another 1st it be over.

If you didn’t get it. They would still have to score at td. But you still have your time outs and a decent amount of time to maybe go still get s FG to tie.

They punted it and drove it right down there.