1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Restructure Contract Of Willie Colon

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Feb 21, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    [attachment=0:3jx2ur7p]colon.jpg[/attachment:3jx2ur7p]

Attached Files:

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Not sure how I feel about this. I really thought they'd wait a little longer and get him to take a pay cut. No play for 2 years, doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about this year.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    keeps making moneys without playing

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Just like I figured...everyone pitching a fit about him not taking a pay cut and they should cut him...when it was never mentioned about a restructure and I had a feeling he would do it. Good job Steelers keep em coming.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Injury prone. Dude better show up to play next year. He is becoming like Deuce Staley.

He has been rocking the sweats on the sidelines for 16 weeks and has earned 3.8 million doing it.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    *SMH* at some of you.

7. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This is what I have said. Dude is getting payed for not playing, being injured. He has not played for two years. So what if he gets hurt in pre-season again? When I talked about how the Steelers needed to get rid of some of that dead weight that had Rothlisberger getting sacked over 300 times in the last so many years, a lot of people said, you can't get rid of evrybody all at once. What I was saying was get rid of the obvious; like Starks now that he has an ACL problem, Kemo because he is a complete detriment to the team, Jonathan Scott because he is not good at all, plus, I had included Colon because he has been injured for two years.

What they need to do is get a Stud ot of the draft with the first pick, someone who will start like Pouncey day 1. That won't cost them much, only the rookie contract. The other stud lineman they need to get out of FA. With Starks, Kemo, and Scott gone, they can afford to get someone from FA. With all the restructuring going on and the cutting of Hampton, Farrior, Foote, and Smith, they can afford to get two starting o-linemen from the draft/FA.

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    OH MY GOD, I saw the headline and thought, "That oughta shut everybody up." And here they are complaining that he didn't take a pay cut. I got news for ya, he's only been injured ONE year since signing the contract. People don't just give back money the second they get injured. And the Steelers wouldn't cut him because they need him. We already have one or two spots on this line that need to be replaced ASAP. Creating a new one is going to make things take a lot longer. Needing two OL is bad enough, I don't want us to need three. We have other needs to fill.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Starks played a lot better than most people thought after sitting out .

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Seriously

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I've been saying this too. But Starks is whipping boy on this board, so it usually falls on deaf ears.