1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Release Ladarius Green

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boomer, May 18, 2017.

1. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    2016 yards/2016 offensive snaps
    grimble .6
    jj .395
    DJ .31
    gronk 2015, 1.25

2016 recs/2016 off snaps
    Grimble- .055
    JJ- .045
    DJ- .07

i threw out green's numbers, because they were a small sample (though they were the best, and extremely good), and he's gone.
    now ill say right here, I have no idea why grimble is not the starting tight end.. yeah, i wish JJ was what i hoped he would be, but for my money, he has not made the impact I hoped he would, considering I feel he was given the opportunity.
    as turtle said, I feel grimble is a gamer; he always seems to be making plays when his number is called.
    take this with a grain of salt (lots of unaccounted for factors) but these stats say grimble is outperforming james, from one productivity standpoint. You could say, that these stats say we are a more pass happy team with grimble in the line up.

2. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    It was factored in. Juju.

3. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We need players who can play, not sit out game after game hoping they'll be up to par for "that game."

I like The Kid Jesse James and I like what they've added and are looking at in the others.
    The Kid / Bryant / Juu Juu combo I'm excited to see what happens and I don't want them cluttering up more receivers with a bottleneck of who goes in and when.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you really believe that Todd Haley can make this happen?

5. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Yea. Easily.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Haley is the man. Believe, my friend. Believe.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Tell that to Bob Pompeani. :lolol:

My friend tried to and he received an earfull.

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with Bob Pompeani

9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Did you forget the green font? How can I believe , when the red zone numbers tell me different? I believe
    Ben has to take some of this responsibility too. Did you ever wonder in certain situations 3 and 1 or shorter and you have a 6'5 245 pd
    QB
    that won't sneak to keep chains moving. Yet Tom Brady does it on a regular basis. So really we have to ask ourselves
    is it all Todd Haley or an arrogant QB? I brought this up in another thread (is our offense overrated). We scored 6 FG's in
    a playoff game? Cmon man somethings wrong here. HOF WR & maybe the best RB in game?

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  10. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    What's that doofus saying?

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Haley doesn't always have complete control in the red zone. We also had a lot of red zone problems when BA was here. We were also doing that bombs away on 3rd and 1 crap a lot too. Most teams in the NFL do that though. I wonder if a lot of the aggression isn't more a Tomlin thing. He has flat out said that we're "not gonna live in our fears" and we know it's all on him how much we go for 2. It's also Tomlin's decision to throw when we are in a clock draining situation. He has flat out said so. I think Haley is a much smarter play caller than BA ever was and even Belichick called him a genius. That's a pretty good endorsement right there. As far as the Chiefs game, that was a dang good defense at one of the toughest houses to play in. Although we did smoke them at Heinz. We just need more consistency than anything else.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Id take BA with this offensive line and these weapons over Haley in a second.

My only worry would be, would he be getting the most out of Bell.

Haley did what he was supposed to do, protect Ben, other than that, I don't find him to be an offensive genius at all.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Everywhere BA goes his qb's get sacked like crazy. They also get injured like crazy. I think the Rooney's knew it was just a matter of time until they played with a little too much fire with Ben and that's ultimately why he got canned. Haley hasn't always had all of his top weapons in the most important games either. Bryant has missed a whole season because of his stupidity. Bell has missed critical games with season ending injuries. So has AB. I fully believe if Haley had been playing with a full deck in Denver we would have been in the Super Bowl that year. We've won games with Michael Vick and Landry Jones at qb. I agree totally that we need to get better in the red zone but Haley is twice the mind that the hipster freaking idiot in AZ will ever be. I will just never be able to let go of my hate. LOL!

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hence why I said if he had an offensive line. If you can't protect the QB, BA is not the OC you want and why he ultimately got canned here. Bens sacks have gone down considerably since Haley has taken over. Despite the griping around here that Ben throws it deep too much, he gets rid of the ball very quickly now. I credit Haley for getting him to embrace that.

BA has been pretty successful for a guy who apparently sucks as bad as fans say. He has a better football mind then Haley, IMO.

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont think any OC can protect their QB with a subpar Oline, look how long it's taken to build this Oline we have now, first off we got an Oline coach in munch that can teach, and then we started spending higher draft picks on the line to get the protection for Ben we have sorely missed for so long, so you cant really blame BA for the B level olines he had to play with when he was here, last year BA had an injured oline accross the board and Palmer paid for it but BA was just playing with band aids...............

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Haley even beat BA.Head to head. With...Landry. I will say that Ben and Haley don't have as good of a relationship as him and BA did though and it definitely took longer for their relationship to click. I still don't think they're the best of buds to this day. BA is definitely a more personable guy than Haley but Haley can play some situational football. For the Rooney's to pick him that speaks well.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You can counter poor online with short passing game. Something BA is severely allergic too. Also using your RB out of the backfield. Mendy could have been used much the same way Bell is.

Having a deep arial attack with a poor oline isn't very conducive for the health of your QB.

If you want head to head comparison, then BA beat Haley in the most important game.

18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Name me the last USC WR to live up to the hype coming out of college? I'm a USC fan and I like JuJu just didn't want a WR in the 2nd.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'd like to see Haley get revenge as soon as possible. :hehehe:

20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    meh...this was what, 2 weeks after the draft? I'm not sure such a revelation could've suddenly come within 2 weeks after the completion of the draft that they weren't pretty sure what road his fate was heading down...

21. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Meaningless anecdote

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    A failed physical.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we move on. the money is the worst part of the deal. it's going to keep us from offering someone a deal this year. (tuitt or AV or shazier most likely). that part sucks but we move on with grimble and JJ. i still have high hopes for grimble under james daniels coaching. grimble has shown a lot of athleticism. i'm good with what we have in camp in odom and orndoff too. they will sort themselves out. jj showed much improvement last year. if he and grimble keep going in that direction we will be fine. :cool:

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynn Swann? LOL! I guess technically Keyshawn Johnson would be considered the most successful in a while wouldn't he? Although he was sort of a punk but still deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work after football. Namely threatening the beat the crap out of Justin Beiber. I would pay good money to see that.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    This 2012 article describes the transformation of the offense under both arians and haley:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ley-is-developing-an-identify-for-the-offense