1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

"Steelers record of 11-2 is overrated"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Nice trolling. :lolol:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sorry about that, folks. Sometimes flies are hard to swat.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I agree with most of your points, however this one I might be a little more optimistic about. It seems like a lot of our sacks and pressure are coming from the interior of our DL this year thanks to Cam. Interior pressure has always been Brady’s weakness. If we can bring it early and often we have a chance.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If we win landry jones and backups will probably play our last two games, even if we lose we will rest the team in cleveland.........

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Landry Jones can beat the Browns. You heard it here first.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The D line and Vince Williams, who is a really solid interior blitzer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  9. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brady has a losing record in Miami and Denver. He seems to suck in those places. So using the "they lost" in Miami means nothing.

Steelers have to pressure Brady all game and knock him out. If they do that, Steelers win. That's all that matters. Steelers do not have the talent to stop back up QBs and Joe Flacco. If Brady does his quick pass thing, and doesn't get pressured, he will drop 40 points which means the Steelers will have problems because Belichick will let Bell run and stop AB so the Steelers can't go down the field fast.

I'm just a guy on the coach watching football.

10. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Sounds about right

11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We're a SB caliber team. As long as Ben's playing we are a SB favorite. I didn't come into this season with any specific regular season win/loss record in mind. I came into this season thinking we better be winning playoff games. If we went 16-0 or 10-6 ...and don't win a playoff game the season is a failure IMO. We need to get into the big dance. Talent wise were' the best team in the AFC - period.

12. fansincethesixties

fansincethesixties Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    I doubt Roethlisberger and the offense will be able to keep up with the Patriots. Steelers offense will try to do too much too quick and turn the ball over. The Patriots D... no matter how bad they look on paper or how many good players they have on IR, seem to always disrupt the Steelers offense and cause too many 3 and outs. This is the usual recipe for disaster in Patriots vs. Steelers matchups.

This...have seen it happen too many times over the years. Steelers lack the discipline to hang with the Patriots. I see no reason for that to suddenly change.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I agree with some of your comments, but it's challenging to beat a team that doesn't make too many mistakes. There are only 3 things that they can do this Sunday:

1. Pass Rush/Blitzing
    2. Our offense and defense needs to play like they did in the 4th quarter against the Ravens.
    3. Another comeback win is possible, but would it be as easy against the Patriots?

Overall, this game will show us if we can compete against the stiff competition in the NFL. So far at 11-2, I think if the defense has a good night, then we just might win this Sunday.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Listen guys and gals. We all know the secret to beating the Pats. Have them wear Bengal jerseys.. lol

15. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    If Brady is the GOAT Belincheat could be the GOAT coach. Who do you think will have a better game plan, him or Tomlin. Belincheat gets the most out of his players. One goes down another steps in to take his place and they don't miss a lick. I can't name any player on the Patriots defense and besides Brady and Gronk, know only a few on offense. Do you think Belincheat would put up with Mat Bryant's nonsense? Butler stands on the sidelines with that stupid look on his face, wondering what to do. Our defense will get raped. Its up to Ben to outscore Brady plain and simple. No interceptions, fumbles or drive killing holding penalties and we have a chance.

16. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Bottom line if Pittsburgh can work the red zone in their favor as to scoring (6) each visit they win. Historically Belichick has snuffed that scenario. Tomlin best come up with a game plan to finally kick the monkey's ass that rides them shoulders.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    With Shazier and Haden... maybe. Without them we'll have to score a lot because the Pats won't punt more than twice.

18. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    To me, this game has more implications can just grabbing the top seed (which is obviously very viable and important). But, this game is more about proving to the team that they can indeed beat the Pats.

I can sure as hell tell you that I doubt anyone in the NFL wants to face a completely confident and motivated Steelers team -- that'll happen if we win.

19. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    After Brady runs our defense 80 yards to the end zone. Ben needs to do the same.. Move the chains and get the first downs. Our defense will die if Ben is throwing 50 yard incomplete passes on 3rd and 1... Keep Brady on the bench.. Keep our defense fresh... and ready for their next 80 yard drive to the end zone.
    We need to score last and win.

20. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree. Only hope we have is home field advantage and crowd is so loud Brady can't hear and our DL, LBs gets a jump and their OL get's a lot of false starts and put them in long distance 3rd downs.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If I'm an NFL team no way am I letting Savage back on the field with how that twitching looked. They want to preach safety then be safe and keep the guy that suffered some sort of episode off the field.

22. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Wow, I'm not at all surprised by some of the "fans" around these boards who are already counting a loss tomorrow. I honestly hope they stay away from the forums and keep their negativity somewhere else.

This year's team is very different than we've seen the past few years. It's got heart and doesn't quit. Thinking about that Ravens game. In the past few years, losing a 14 and then going down 31-20 in the 3rd would have been enough to pack it in, but this team just doesn't quit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, he/she seemed like they fit right in here?

24. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

25. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Send that o the Steelers front office, I'm sure they do not know that information.