1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Ravens TV Map

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Nov 1, 2018.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    When the Steelers beat the Ravens 3 times in a row, before their loss earlier this season was that because the Steelers had superior coaching?

• Like Like x 2
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Jets Dolphins for me looks like I am streaming on the fire stick again. The last 2 weeks the feeds have been very good I hope it stays that way. This is the first year I did not get the Sunday Ticket and I miss it but it is so expensive and I couldn't get a deal like every other year so I am stuck streaming.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do you have the fire stick or fire box?

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree.... Sunday ticket is too damn expensive. DirecTV should charge by game... like Pay-per-view or DirecTV Cinema. I don't care about other games, I just want to watch the Steelers. Charge subscribers $10 per game that is not televised on my local CBS or FOX station. NFL gets their money... DirecTV gets their money, everybody is happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yay, game on TV! Boo, Dan Fouts.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sunday ticket is like $300 full price. As long as you don't stay under contract with them it's easy to get it free or at least half price.
    Heck even at $300 even if I only need it for half the Steelers games it works out to like $38 per game. If I have to go to a sports bar and watch I'm easily going to spend that much in gas and a bar bill.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd be all for that. Directv would have to have a 2 tier system though. Sports bars would still need access to all the games

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So let's say they would charge $19.99 per game and you needed to buy 8 games. Still going to be $160. You're still going to have to have Directv monthly service.
    If you call and threaten to cancel your service you can easily get it for half price and a lot of times if you're actually willing to let them turn it off for a day you'll get it free.
    Now I know some people can't have directv. (apartment, college, etc.)
    Firebox works pretty good if you have someone "jailbreak" it.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    64.99 x 6 = 389.94, that is crazy sorry not gonna pay that my max is $199. I have been a customer well over 20 years and I have never paid full price. I have paid anywhere from free to 199, I called this year 3 times and the best offer they gave me was 49 x 6. The sunday ticket is a scam, first off the first week everyone gets it for free. Then throw into the account how many prime time games and how many might be on your local and you are paying a boat load. I have a buddy who turned me onto the fire stick and at first it sucked bad but the last few weeks it has been great. I have another buddy who can "jailbreak" it but I haven't got into that yet. From what I am learning there are tons of ways to watch without the Sunday Ticket. jmo

You are right about if you have to go to a sports bar and how much that cost. I don't have that option, I live in a small town pop. 1700 and the closes "city" is about 45 min away. Add in the hard winters and the drinking it makes for not a very smart option for me. :smiley1:

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I really like the sunday ticket and I do like the option to watch other games but almost 400 is crazy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Speaking of Direct TV, did all the Sunday Ticket people get the Mea Culpa email from AT&T saying they screwed up this past weekend and were really sorry about all the issues? They said to make up for it, they'll throw in Sunday Ticket Max that includes Red Zone and Fantasy Zone for free the rest of the season. I already get these for free I think, so not sure what good this offer does me. They also said they will automatically rebate anyone who was charged for one of more games at the pay per view rate of $49.99/game over the next 1 or 2 billing cycles.

Bizarre thing though that really has me pissed is that Sunday's Steeler/Browns game and several others that I had stored on the DTV DVR for re-watching later on have all mysteriously disappeared from my DVR recordings and don't think the cats know how to use the remote. I agree with all the guys above calling for a reasonable pay per view fee structure since there aren't enough hours in the day to watch many of the other games we're being charged for. I also find that AT&T is much less cooperative on the "plea" discounts vs when DTV actually owned the company and they handed them out like candy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Great, looks like another Sunday of sweating balls around 3:45 and having the wife telling me to stop screaming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m old school but isn’t this assbackwards?

• Like Like x 2
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Even at $400 that’s only $50 per game if you need it for 8 Steelers games. That’s still ok in my book.
    But I think you’re looking at it from a singular position. You only want it for Steelers games. For the access you get to all games $400 is peanuts.

Now I understand your view on it and mine are somewhat different and that’s fine, but for me being able to watch the game every week is well worth the money.

Plus I don’t know what you’re doing wrong, but I don’t know why you can’t get it down to $150 or free.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well Glenn like so many other things we see this differently. I will not pay full price for anything, it don't matter if it is a pair of pants or a new car. It isn't so much about $400 being a lot as it is $400 being full price.

As for what I am doing wrong well sorry I must not be perfect like "SteelerGlenn" but I have been with DTV for over 20 years and not once have I paid full price. I think I have done fine over the years as a matter of fact last year they actually paid me to watch the Sunday Ticket as they gave it to me for free and then credited my account $60 for 6 months and $40 for the 6 months after that. For some reason I was not any kinda of lucky this year, but I will say this I am learning fast that paying anything for the Sunday Ticket is pretty dumb as you can stream it for free.

You enjoy your $400 of peanuts and I will enjoy my free peanuts tomorrow and Let's go Steelers! :herewego::herewego::herewego::herewego::herewego:

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Holy Cow brother I think you took me all wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    One man’s peanuts is another man’s ... I dunno, caviar? Anyway, sometimes full price is a good deal, and sometimes half-price is robbery. I rarely have the block of free time to watch the Steelers live, so NFL GamePass works for me.
    :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    They call them Puppy Drums here right> Southcarolina at Parris Island they call them Spot Tail Bass. A DI friend of mine when we were on the drill field use to drag me fishing with him, I don't eat fish but my wife loved me fishing

• Like Like x 2
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Maybe but I also think you took me wrong and that is why I ended my post the way I did din't want you to think I was bitter. I respect everyone's decision on how they spend their money or how much. All good man, today we have bigger fish(raven) to fry......

:herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::herewego!::ratbirds::ratssuck:

• Like Like x 2
  22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015