1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers QB Joshua Dobbs' Development is Progressing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerEmpire, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hmmm... my guess was that Mac spends a lot of quality time on the porcelain throne...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

Well this thread has gone to sh**.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hijacked! :poopy::whistley:

Ahem.... on topic, Dobbs is one of the guys I'm most interested in seeing during the preseason. You never know how a spread QB will handle the basics of running an offense from under center until he has to it in a game. I have hope for the guy. It's a long shot for him to end up being "the guy," but I think it's realistic to think he has a legit shot at being the #2 in 2018 if he is able to transition to the NFL game.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    depends.:smiley1::cool:

5. STEELER_VOL1321

STEELER_VOL1321 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2017
    You have no personal knowledge? You didn't watch every game of his four year career at UT but live in Knoxville? You didn't know he never had a QB coach at UT? You know all of his receivers bailed him out? So you do have knowledge that Dobbs pass was wrong and not the route of the receiver? Why don't you get back on your couch coach and STFU.

While your sitting there drawing up your playbook with a french fry in ketchup, here's you something to read.

https://www.all22.com/pittsburgh-steelers/steelers-rookie-joshua-dobbs-turning-heads-training-camp

6. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Nice hearing that Ben twisted his ankle to let Dobbs play with the ones, while Landry is on the sidelines today... Ben is smarter then we think...

7. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    You implying Ben is faking a twisted ankle so Dobbs can get work with the ones?

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    How much longer do we have to wait? There's a lot of opportunity going to waste here. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. coldrolled

Dec 1, 2014
    Yep...

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Gooood ole Rocky Top... sigh..... Dude have you ever met a truly objective Vol fan? By "objective" I mean a fan who doesn't swear we're gonna go undefeated and win the Natl Championship every year? If I ever meet a Vol fan that says "You know I think we can win 7 games this year..." I might actually faint like a goat. LOL! I mean most Vol fans swear that Gruden is coming to Knoxville to be the new Saban or that Fulmer will reassume his HC position or that Peyton Manning will come here and be the qb coach. Yeah. Right. I just take what Vol fans say with a grain of salt because there are tons of blind fanboys here. Sorta like there are tons of blind Steeler fanboys too...

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, I have sat back and watched this thread implode for long enough. I'm not just a "couch coach" but, I'm a "root'n toot'n couch coach from the 5th dimension." So, what I say next is not only insightful but highly accurate. Here it goes:
    LJ will be the #2 until he isn't and Dobbs will be the #3 until he isn't! When either of those things change then LJ won't be the #2 and Dobbs wont be the #3. And just for good measure...watch out for #1 and don't step in #2. Your welcome!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    You realize he got hit low on his right ankle in practice right?

13. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    Finally a post I can applaud here! This guy knows his #2!

• Like Like x 1
  14. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    I'm one of the conservative ones. All I have said here is Dobbs is smart, a hard worker, and with a QB coach can do pretty good as a backup.

I hope Ben and Landry heals and stays healthy all year so Dobbs can listen, watch, and learn. I don't want him thrown out on the field to the wolves his rookie year.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Knox christened him. He's good to go.

Play nice boys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    Nobody
    Nothing going to bother me here Blast. I have dealt with asinine comments on our vol board for a long time. All good.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm looking forward to seeing someone new under center at Neyland. Both Dormady and Guarantano have much more talent and upside than Dobbs. Glad Dobbs is gone from UT. Dobbs aint no Dak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. STEELER_VOL1321

Apr 29, 2017
    While I do agree with you to be fair Dak had Brian Johnson as his QB coach. Makes a huge difference.

19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah down here people aren't as warm to Dobbs as people abroad are. Most of the time when his name is mentioned people are like "Well, I really like him and think he's a really good kid but I just don't think he's all that great of a qb..." Or something like that. It's sorta like when someone sets you up on a blind date and you ask what she looks like and they say "Well, she's reallllly nice...." You automatically know she's fat. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    "Nobody's *that* nice."

• Like Like x 1
  21. coldrolled

Dec 1, 2014
    yep.. you just can't make up a bad ankle. you have seen the soccer player get nicked in the left leg and then hold their right one for the penalty right?

22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben knows LJ is not very good, I could see him wanting to get the new QB some reps..

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Oh did Ben tell you that, in Bens public interviews he has had nothing but high praise for his friend and backup LJ....

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No he didn't and I am sure he wouldn't talk smack about him , I am also sure he doesn't really think he is a NFL caliber QB either..He knows the playbook is his best skill ...If Ben went down and LJ had to play the entire season he might win 4 games..

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Nothing wrong with people giving their reasons for not liking Jones. Why the need to claim that you know, on the basis of .... nothing ... what Ben does or doesn't think?