1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger using a European golf tour as

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Apr 6, 2012.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger using a European golf tou

Most of us go on vacation to unwind and relax and get away from work. It helps us to be able to refocus our energy on our work and be more productive at work when we return. It really is a simple concept and has been studied and written about extensively. So, I can see how Ben could believe that this will ultimately help him be a more focused and better football player. Enjoy it BR - you deserve it!

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

Well, he hasn't done any Oreo's adverts yet, which I for one am happy about.

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

If he were smart he'd take Todd Haley wih him in order to hone his skills as both a golfer and a football player. Haley skipped out on football in high school and actually opted for the golf team with much success. Ben could pick up alot of ideas from what he and Todd expect to accomplish over 18 holes of golf.

4. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Anyone that's upset with Ben over this must have missed that this trip is only lasting 10 days.
    To get upset about a player taking 10 days away from football would be idiotic.

As far as the cerebral thing. I understand people finding Ben saying that as funny because he is prone to act on emotion over being more analytical, but to think it condescending? That I think is a little far fetched
    I don't beleive that saying you like a mental challenge or like to act after thinking things through instead of on the emotion of the momen is raising yourself to a higher level.

5. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012

You people are way too harsh on Ben. It's quite disgusting. Show some respect.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

It's a Steelers phenomenon. Some Steeler fans are very hard on our QB's or flat out just don't like them. Bradshaw was no different, got beat up just as much if not worse. Go figure. :shrug:

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

It's a Steelers phenomenon. Some Steeler fans are very hard on our QB's or flat out just don't like them. Bradshaw was no different, got beat up just as much if not worse. Go figure. :shrug:[/quote:10oo2kjf]

And Bradshaw remembers his treatment by the 'best fans in the world', so much so he wouldn't come back to Pitt for Steeler events for more than 20yrs after he retired.