1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger using a European golf tour as

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigsteelerfaninky, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Re: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger using a European golf tou

Please tell me his wife is going with him.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011

I agreed with what he was saying right up to: " I am a pretty cerebral guy"

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I know, I was rolling with that one. Who says that about THEMSELVES? Guess his humility was short lived. What an asshat.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Humility isn't really one of Ben's strengths. Very few people truly change. Ben hasn't changed one bit. He's still the same guy he used to be, he just tries harder to keep it under control.

6. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Really!?!?!?! Going on a golf tour, and saying it is to help his football game? Why doesn't he just say he is going on vacation?

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Really?? Why does he need to say he is going on vacation? Why does it matter?

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

My guess is he doesn't just say he's going on vacation, because he'll hear criticism from some slice of Stiller Nation that he makes $10MM/yr, he shouldn't go on vacay, he should be pouring heart/soul into Haley's new playbook. By adding the "it will help my game angle" he heads off the criticism. I'm sure it's BS, but he knows another slice of Stiller Nation will buy somehow that hitting t-shots in Scotland will undoubtedly improve his QBing.

9. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011

You honestly think that he is worried about what fans think about him going on vacation?

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

Sometimes I think this board should be in landscaping, or recovery in West Virginia.

We're experts at making mountains out of mole hills.

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011

:amen:

12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Nope, he gives a rats-azz about the fans, He just wants a ready reply for when's he asked.

13. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011

:bs:

14. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011

Who's making mountains? I just see people calling BS. And it's been more
    about his "cerebral" claim than anything else.

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

And using it to point out he "hasn't changed." Imply he's conceited, etc. I've seen the track this thread is on often enough to know where it's ultimately heading.

Hey, not many people would use that wording. But would people be jumping all over him if instead he just said "I like a mental challenge?" It's the same thing.

Besides, show me a professional athlete who doesn't have a high opinion of himself. It goes with the territory. It's part of what fuels their competitive desire in the first place.

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

And using it to point out he "hasn't changed." Imply he's conceited, etc. I've seen the track this thread is on often enough to know where it's ultimately heading.

Hey, not many people would use that wording. But would people be jumping all over him if instead he just said "I like a mental challenge?" It's the same thing.

Besides, show me a professional athlete who doesn't have a high opinion of himself. It goes with the territory. It's part of what fuels their competitive desire in the first place.[/quote:24em9up0]

I would say the cerebral comment says that he is still watching too much WWE and needs to get off his Triple-H kick. He is messing with the media with that comment next thing you know he will say he is a cerebral assassin.

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

I would say the cerebral comment says that he is still watching too much WWE and needs to get off his Triple-H kick. He is messing with the media with that comment next thing you know he will say he is a cerebral assassin.[/quote:qfvtsboi]

LOL. Good one. :duel:

18. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011

Besides, show me a professional athlete who doesn't have a high opinion of himself. It goes with the territory. It's part of what fuels their competitive desire in the first place.[/quote:34ersnuh]

Really? Is that what cerebral means? I must be using it wrong. It sounded to me like he's elevating himself to a very contemplative type person, a person that uses his mental prowess to be analytical and careful. Glad I was wrong.

There are fewer, but still plenty of pro athletes who don't blow their own ...horn. I was commenting on Ben's leaf turning after he left his cerebellum in the hotel room before his Georgia hot night.

I know how frustrating and mental the devil ball can be, but I don't think it translates to football and I think Ben was being cheeky with that one. If he was then nobody should be mad if gets a little back.

Don't mind me dude, I'm just feeling snarky today.

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

Really? Is that what cerebral means? I must be using it wrong. It sounded to me like he's elevating himself to a very contemplative type person, a person that uses his mental prowess to be analytical and careful. Glad I was wrong.

There are fewer, but still plenty of pro athletes who don't blow their own ...horn. I was commenting on Ben's leaf turning after he left his cerebellum in the hotel room before his Georgia hot night.

I know how frustrating and mental the devil ball can be, but I don't think it translates to football and I think Ben was being cheeky with that one. If he was then nobody should be mad if gets a little back.

Don't mind me dude, I'm just feeling snarky today.[/quote:2xae7cpz]

No. You're correct on the meaning. But in the context of what he was talking about, that's how I took it. Was it what he meant? I think it's likely, but who knows?

20. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011

Things like this is one of several reasons why Roethlisberger is not mentioned in the same breath with Manning and Brady. Throw in motorcycles, trips to bars regardless of what we think happned, its all about preception.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

This is exactly what I was going to add.

He's taking a summer golfing vaca in Europe.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Good for him.

It speaks nothing about him as a person, or his ability as a quarterback.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

He's 2 years removed from any negative press and light years away from the motorcycle incident. I fully expect rival fans to hang onto this stuff but when are our own fans going to let it go???

23. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011

Don't mind me dude, I'm just feeling snarky today.[/quote:vp66rnzv]

No. You're correct on the meaning. But in the context of what he was talking about, that's how I took it. Was it what he meant? I think it's likely, but who knows?[/quote:vp66rnzv]
    Thanks. But, I know, I was being snarky and sarcastic then also.

24. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

oh the bastard how dare he not just be a football robot and do normal stuff like ride vacay and go out!! he needs to be banned from the NFL and sent to prison :frustrated:

25. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011

He should be fined $1,000,000 and then suspended for a full year and then kicked out of the league! NO VACATION FOR YOU!!