1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Power Ranking

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Everyone loves a good Power Ranking!

Hard to disagree with this write up but I’m surprised there is actually a handful of teams ranked worst than us!

27) Pittsburgh Steelers
    This is a bad football team. They’re constructed poorly on offense and made suboptimal decisions in the offseason. Now, they’re reaping what they’ve sowed. Pittsburgh’s offensive line is in shambles, and they lost key members in their secondary to free agency.

This franchise has been blessed with never-wavering consistency throughout its entire existence. 2021 will be the first season in Mike Tomlin’s career that he’s lost more games than he’s won.

It’s over. This is the end of an era — and not having the future quarterback on the roster or on the NFL Draft horizon is a scary proposition. Big Ben is cooked, but it’s difficult to see a scenario where they bench him, given his status in the organization and the lack of talent behind him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We have em all right where we want em.

Lull the league into a false sense of security, and then unleash hell. That's the plan.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The Plan?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'll assume that was written by some sports writer. While I agree with him I'm not impressed. He could have stole that from this message board. It is what a lot of posters on here have said.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah, that take could have totally come from the MB.

The MTAS (Mike Tomlin Apologist Society) ain't saying diddly squat. Why so quiet out there? :hmm:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    MTAS LMAO

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    First rule of MTAS is you do not talk about MTAS!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sounds exactly like what SDOT said verbatim and I (ugh) totally agree. :tequila:

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The truth hurts sometimes.

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Someone's becoming a Steeler next year

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Honestly I don’t hate it. Would give us Atleast 3 good years to find the next guy. If we shore up the Oline in the draft we could be contenders very quick.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    It's the only player on this planet that can flip this back to Super Bowl contention next year that will be leaving his team.

Aaron Rodgers turns 38 on December. He looks spry. If the Steelers can get 2 years from him and a Super Bowl win, why not? In the mean time, the Steelers could draft the replacement.

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks, Aaron Rogers is never coming here. To many opportunities' in west coast for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I mean, I wouldn't hate it. Here's the problem. Remember all that cap space they had next year? It's down to $49M. $25 of that will disappear once all the voidable years deals escalate after the Super Bowl in February. They could avoid some of that by extending JuJu and Trai Turner. I'm sure they can work their usual cap magic to make it work but it would be tight and likely leave them in cap hell after ARod retired, but if they get a ring...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cap/2022/

The other problem is Haden and Alualu will be gone and Heyward isn't getting any younger. Who knows what's going on with Tuitt. The D might take a huge hit next season. Is ARod enough to offset that?

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I keep trying to find these people you speak of? I’m not sure I’ve seen at most 2. There are lots of people such as myself who recognize what he has achieved along with where he has come up short. What I do see is a lot of MT haters who ignore half of the facts of the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    His many bad draft picks and inability to manage the roster contributes a lot. Like the friends and family plan he has going. With the Edmunds brothers and TJs brother. I can see keeping Derek Watt just to keep TJ happy, but I still can’t believe he spent a first round pick on Edmunds. Where is Colbert at on all this just does he just say yes Mike or does he have any input. Artie Burns first round draft pick. Ridiculous.

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're clueless if you think they keep Derek around to make TJ happy, he was going to sign a long term contract with the Steelers even if Derek wasn't on the team. They drafted Edmunds because they needed a SS, he was an intriguing prospect with size and speed, he didn't develop like they hoped but it happens to every team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I guess I’m the one you’ve decided to troll.

19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think MT has enough Pal's on this team already.

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not trolling at all, just stating facts :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    The $49m includes for the dead money on those void year deals they did this year. There will be no $25m disappearing, not sure where you are getting that?

As always they have options to clear more space as well if they need to. Keeping Ben on the roster until June 1st before retirement like the Saints did with Brees would save nearly $8m for a start. Then there are extensions, restructures etc.

The cap situation is never as bad as it looks

I’d agree that the roster is going to have a lot of issues that I doubt Rodgers could mitigate unless they have a historic draft and an injury free season.

• Like Like x 1