1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner Does Not Have Contract Renewed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Jan 14, 2021.

1. TimesUp

TimesUp Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    How many more offensive Coordinators will Ben get fired? Maybe its time Ben looks in the mirror ? Maybe you're the problem Ben ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Romo makes 17 million a year from CBS, why would he take a pay cut to be a OC?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    It’s from the Milton Waddams non confrontational school of employee terminations

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Fichtner against the Browns he called a successful short yardage play, a hand off to Derek Watt, then he tried that same play soon after on another short yardage play it failed :facepalm:.

5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Wow. You don’t give a sh!t? Seems like you really, really do. And I never singled you out in any way. Check my original post, I said ‘people’, you just felt the need to take it personally. Unreal.

6. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Im dead. lololol BF...that is some funny sauce right there. I may just have expedited my hell trip.

7. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Painful...Thats where I wish Ben drinks TB12 water in the off season and uses those resistance elastics so he can turn into SuperCam next year and use Watt as a decoy on a naked bootleg.

8. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He wouldn't unless he wants to be a HC one day.

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'm really only going by his broadcasting area of expertise because I don't know much else about the guy outside of being the QB for dallas but I don't see him as an NFL HC. He just seems too tame to me to put up with that much demand that it would take to do the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Anyone who thinks things will change much with an internal OC promotion and MT still HC is way to optimistic IMO. Have to have new leadership at all levels to get real change. Ben has too much say and ran the Offense with RF in charge. You think that will change with a 1st year OC in Canada? The coordinators need a strong HC to take control back and run the team however it needs to be. Everything is half measures if it's anything less. Then we're stuck with this until their contract is over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Agree; New OC will have to have the power to Bench the star QB if he is playing bad.

Needs to be an open competition at the QB position next year. No one should be named the starter until after preseason!

I am backing Mason next year, but I am hoping Tomlin will not announce the starter until right before the season starts.

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not a big difference. They cut him loose. The effect is the same as firing him.

13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Not resigning, just not resigning. Ah, the English language LOL.

• Like Like x 3
  14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    no its never ben’s fault

15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    As they lined up for the second play I thought: "they better not just do the same thing again." And then I realised that was exactly what they were going to do.

Like, what happened to all the jet sweeps? The use of different personnel? Rayray and Claypool lining up in different positions? As soon as defenses cottoned on to the sweeps, rather than develop them or use them as misdirection, we just went back to shotgun hand-offs and "throw to Johnson or Ebron"...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
  17. OmegaTiger

OmegaTiger Member

Dec 22, 2020

Agreed, Time for Fichtner to go, His play calling was terrible the end of the season, No imagine at all to change things up and try something different. This team needs change, not sure who is out their for coaching... Problem with Tomlin is were good enough to get in the playoffs, but never good enough to win, leaving us without good draft picks because were always to late in the draft. Maybe we can trade up in the draft for a good quarterback or running back... Still think we should have drafted Jalen Hurts last year, not that he is the end all quarterback, but I believe he is better then our 2 back up quarterbacks we have now.
    And if we could find away to get Najee Harris from Bama in the draft, could be the start of something good for us... We also need to stay healthy, losing Bud Dupress this year and Devin Bush were blows to our defense. Offensive line we need help also.. Apparently they forgot how to run block and open holes or they are just getting to old...

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Who said Canada was getting the job :shrug:?

19. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Russia.