1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler's Man Cave

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelDomination, Mar 25, 2012.

1. SteelDomination

SteelDomination Member

Feb 6, 2012
    We are having half our basement finished & turning into a Steelers TV Room & bar.

One idea I had was to put up framed 8x10's up on every Steeler Hall of Famer.

Any other cool ideas I can "borrow"?

Also if anyone wants to donate any things towards the project let me know..LOL

2. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    [​IMG]

Found it on the web. I think the paint job is neat

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing beats signed memorabilia if you can afford it. Another great idea is to frame ticket stubs for games you've been to. You can frame them individually, or get a huge frame with a nice picture of the stadium with all the stubs laid out in the frame. A couple signed jerseys are a must.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I thought this was a sweet looking floor
    [​IMG]

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually don't like that. It would bother my eyes looking at it all the time. Maybe it's just the fact that everything else in the room is ordinary so the floor looks out of place, I don't know, I just don't care for it.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Hmm... yeah, I'm not sold on that floor. Maybe one with a huge logo, rather than many.

In terms of the basement - I like the framed HOFer picture idea. Hell, just keep it dark, black and gold and you can't go too far wrong.

7. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    How about pictures of the 6 rings or trophies? Just be sure to leave room for additions both there and at your HOFers gallery.

8. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't have a basement or mancave but I made my half bath a steelers bathroom. White walls with a yellow and black stripe around the wall. Black framed mirror, Steeler soap pump, Hines ward framed MVP plaque, 2005 framed team picture, etc etc.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Depending on your budget, maybe replica Lombardies? Or 6 official NFL footballs with the Superbowl scores printed on them at least?

Glass cased jerseys of your favorite and/or all time great Steelers.

Lots of framed black and white photos.

Go nuts. But keep in mind you'll likely add to it over the years. I'm jealous. I wish I had the space to create my own. Maybe when the kids finally are all out and on their own...

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You could make big checkers with Steelers and Ravens on them and play on the floor.

11. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I prefer going with a more "classy" look and subtle pieces of Steelers rather than going all out black and yellow, but that's just me. I LOVE this pic from hines ward's house...

[​IMG]

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thinks that floor is awful. Waaaaaaay too much and takes away from everything else in the room.

13. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Now that is classy!! LOVE IT!!

14. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That floor would give me a headache.

15. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Get yourself a nice Steelers helmet or Steelers logo fathead to put on one if the walls. I have the helmet on one of the walls in my office..it's pretty cool!

Blitz

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    save the money and sink it into a skybox at the stadium. :shrug: :rawk: :cool:

17. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Just make sure its comfortable in there. I like to throw my terrible towel at the tv when we get a bad call so make sure there's nothing breakable in there.

18. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Good luck with your STEELERS man cave. One would not be complete without a 2x3 of this man.....

Attached Files:

19. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Dont use this floor.Tacky... It will only distract from the entire room.....My advise...black carpet with a STEELER logo at the center point of the room.With a 2x3 drawing(NOT PHOTO)of "The Chief" in the center of the first wall seen entering the room.

20. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

Yeah, this is the way to go.

Nothing over the top, just subtle pieces of memorabilia to accent a regular room.

Remember, at MOST you are only going to use it 24 times a year for Steeler games. That leaves another 340 days for everything else.

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If you are going to put a pool table in Id advise this one....

Attached Files:

22. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My brother has a HUGE Terrible Towel collection - there are MANY different versions, which I did not know. He has them hanging all over his Steeler Cave. He said they come pretty cheap and you can find a ton of them on Ebay.

23. hangaber

hangaber Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I'd recommend 4 big screen tv(s) around the place.
    Beer on ice waiting for you.
    A big lazy boy chair.
    A set of Steeler DVDs on the shelf.
    Surround sound speakers.
    A couple of smaller chairs around for your buddies to watch the game with you.
    A playbook on the table somewhere.
    Pictures of you at past Steelers Men's Fantasy Camps up on the wall. (the 'I Love Me Wall' that everybody has)
    More beer.
    A speaker system already playing a Myron Cope call of a past game when you walk in.