1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers lack a true #1 WR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 20, 2021.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Lamar makes a ton of plays. Wake me up when Ben makes one. Seriously, 2 of 3 guys are open. You keep claiming they never get open and now 2 of 3 are wide the f open and Ben has a good pocket and he still can't find one of the 2 open guys or even attempt to make a throw. Apparently Ben needs a good pocket and 100% of the WRs to be open.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Find where I said they never get open. I'll be waiting. Yeah Your right He has never made that throw ever. LoL. Hes played 18 years , and has never made that throw. Can't read a defense either. LoL. Do You guys know how stupid that sounds. A Guy play Qb ....not 3, or 4 years....goes 2 multiple pro Bowls, goes 2 three SB , has not had a losing season....Yet He can't read a D all of a sudden. You ever think knowing His line is suspect, and He's already been blasted 3, or 4 times that game He might have dropped His eyes 2 look at the pass rush at that instant...then realized He was late on the throw , and decided not 2 throw it.
    Also ....Lamar makes so many plays ...He lost 2 the same freaking Raiders team the Week before ,and Has only beaten us once when he played against Mason who got knocked out, and Had 2 finish with Duck, and still it took Your awesome Lamar a penalty 2 make It into overtime, and a JuJu fumble ....for the Great Lamar 2 win His only Win against us , and it took a field goal in overtime. So shut up about Lamar....who also lost 2 the raiders just the game before

3. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    You brought Lamar up.

Oh, and that's right, you are the guy who thinks that if a WR gets his hands on the ball he has to catch it, no matter how he had to contort himself to get his hands on the ball or what the defenders are doing. Yet a QB can't be expected to make a throw to one of the 2/3rds of his WRs that are wide open. What exactly does Ben offer if when he is given a clean pocket and 2 of 3 WRs wide open he can't even attempt a throw? Seriously, keep defending what anyone can see. 2 of 3 guys wide open and our QB double clutches and runs into the pressure but you can't even bring yourself to say that Ben screwed that up.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did I say He didn't screw that up. Keep putting words in My mouth.
    Yes if You get paid Millions of Dollars 2 catch a ball ....if it Hits both Your hands You should come down with it. You do know a Wr is not rooted 2 the spot like a oak tree....You can adjust better, but I know if Ben doesn't drop it in perfect spot Our Wrs shouldn't even bother. Good thing for the raiders carrs Wrs didn't feel that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    If you get paid millions of dollars to throw the ball you should do so when you have a clean pocket and open WRs.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. OK. Kid . You win. I don't have the want 2 argue with You anymore nor the patience 2 teach You anything. So...Ben sucks . It was all Luck , and magic that got Him 18 years of No losing seasons, 3 SBs, and all the pro Bowls, and all of a sudden He can't read the field even though reading the field is not something You get worse at the longer You play. :thumbs_up:

7. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Oh, who is putting words in mouths now? I am talking about Ben's play NOW. And you aren't trying to teach anything. You are bending over backwards to find excuses for the franchise QB looking like a shell of his previous self. He pretty clearly couldn't read the field on a play where 2 of 3 guys are open and he has a clean pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Your next good post will be your first :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Who says you need a true #1 WR to be successful? Seattle and New England won the Super Bowl without a true #1 WR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I am. I am saying that.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well you're wrong though :shrug:

12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I'm wrong that you don't need a true #1? Didn't you agree with me 2 replies ago?

13. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    27th in yards. He is only 27 in yards because the targets are soo high. Not a good look.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s part of his game he needs to improve, same as last year, lot of receptions but didn’t crack 1,000 yards however he did miss some time.
    But people say he can’t get separation which he clearly can, very easily as his receptions shows. As well as spending 5 minutes watching film.

• Agree Agree x 1