1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Have Never Defeated Tom Brady at Gillette Stadium...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers89, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    In fact, most of the losses have been via the blowout variety. 02, 07, 13 (Bloodbath), 15, and 16 postseason. 08 was against Cassell. That said, the Steelers have gotten him three times at Heinz (04, 11, 18. Though he won at Heinz in the 01 & 04 postseason, 05, 10, 16, and 17).

Do you foresee us ended the streak this season? Is there any explanation for not being competitive up there? Going back tobthe Cowher days (96 postseason), New England has been a house of horrors for this franchise.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'll let HeinzMustard answer this one for me. Something tells me I will agree.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Personally I think it has something to do with the shady b.s. that surrounds playing there. Bad radios etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    There's no doubt there has been a bunch of shady stuff going on up there. If the fake commissioner hasn't done anything about it by now then he will continue to look the other way at this point. We could be up by 30 with 5 minutes left in the game and I'd still be nervous.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Here's what happens. With the Steelers leading 28-24 with 2 seconds left, Brady throws a TD pass to Edelman. The replay looks like it hit the ground first but Al Riveron declares it a TD.
    However replay also shows that Watt has a clear shot at Brady and in desperation the RT Cannon reaches out and actually tears the facemask off of TJ's helmet. As the refs gather, Cannon sheepishly hands over the facemask to the ref while poor TJ is laying on the ground with a strained neck.
    After observing the scene the referees all nod in agreement and a flag is thrown. The head official then announces to the Foxboro crowd that the penalty is a equipment violation on #90 Pittsburgh for having a helmet without a facemask. Game over Patriots win.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    First time for everything:herewego:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ummm they're beating that ass week one book it... If they face em again later in the season, I'd sweat it a lot. Or they won't and I'm wrong either way can't wait GO STEELERS!

• Like Like x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nicely played sir, nicely played

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe it is all mental. Yes the hinky stadiums things play into that but Tomlin has talked time and time about the radio issues so if he know it go to hand signals and change the script. I think the win last season built on the momentum of the near win that was yanked by the refs the year before. So they have the positive attitude. IF they get over the hero worship(cough Ben cough) and get to steal a phrase Just Plain Nasty this is the year they are vulnerable. I'd put UG3 in the game and let him hit Edelmen on one of those crossing routes and clean his clock and watch Brady crumble without his safety blanket

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Steelers suck against the patriots we get it

• Like Like x 1
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    yeah but Kraft still leaves 300 hundred on the dresser when he leaves .

• Like Like x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Patriots obsession!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That's still less than the tip he would leave for those hookers at the day spa.. That's how much he thinks of the Steelers lol

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Brady and hoodie and the refs give Kraft happy endings. They should arrest them for prostitution.:smiley1::cool:

16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Yep.

The Patriots are living inside the heads of the entire NFL.

Anything even remotely out of the ordinary vs the Pats sets off players' and coaches' paranioa and the next thing you know they're wasting time and effort worrying about things other than what their team is doing.

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm glad it is the first game. By week 7 the first game of season is forgotten. I just hate like hell that our boys have to watch them raise that 6th SB banner and I tip my hat to any Steeler fan that will be in that stadium putting up with that ****.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers won at Gillette in '08 vs. Cassell and '97 regular season vs. Bledsoe. Steelers have never beaten Brady/Belichick at Gillette. Steelers, under Cowher and with O'Donnell at QB beat the Patriots with Bledsoe handily in '93 and '95, but that was at 3 Rivers Stadium.

So unless it's a home game for the Steelers.... Patriots have completely owned the Steelers at New England for the past Quarter Century, minus the game where Kordell Stewart played the best game of his career.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Tomlin vs Belicheat makes these games predictable. Patriots have owned us for years with less talent on the field overall. No other explanation than game preparation and planning advantage they have. Sooner or later the odds will have us winning there but I son't see it as of right now. 0-1.

20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The one decent sign is that in the last couple of years the Patriots have been very shaky early in the season. Heck, the Jags and Lions beat the Patriots in Weeks 2 and 3 last year.

Maybe the Steelers can take advantage of that.

Of course, if they do it will result in all sorts way too early hyper-expectations amongst us.

21. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    They match real time video with years of practice tape..... along with hotel fire alarms and radio wave disrupters..... it's really no surprise we struggle there.

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Problem is, the Steelers are just as shaky if not worse than the Patriots in September.

If the Steelers somehow pull off the win in New England... they will lose the home opener vs Seattle. :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well in defense to most of the of the NFL too, the Patriots don't lose at home very often, usually once a season if your lucky.

I think the Chiefs beat them week one last season or maybe it was week 2? It was that crazy shootout game like 51-48.

I think the expectations of winning that game are very low among us in the fan base and anyone picking games in general.

But, if we win, it would be very huge. To get a road AFC conf. win, at place we can never win, against a team that usually always has our number.

I'm just glad it's done and over with week 1. So maybe the team is more focused on lesser teams that can beat them (see denver, and raiders), vs being all focused on the Patriots game.

24. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I gotta disagree. I think we'd beat them later in the season but not week 1. I base this on the following:

(1) The Steelers don't generally play their best in opening games. Like Mike Tomlin or hate him, I think we'd all agree that Tomlin's forte is not getting off to great starts. I realize that the Patriots have the same issue, but not to the same degree.

(2) The league doesnt like seeing defending SB champions lose week 1. Although defending champions always have stiff competition in week 1 they rarely lose.

(3) Although we may field our best team of the decade this year, it's going to take time to gel. We're going to have too many new starters and key backups (not to mention asst coaches) to come out of the gates cleanly.

I've been wrong before, and as recently as 1977, so I'm hoping I'm wrong this time. Either way I'll be watching this game with a Terrible Towel in one hand, a beer in the other hand, and a cigarett between my toes. My only guarantee is that I'll be pleasantly intoxicated by halftime.

• Like Like x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Looked up the history of Steelers vs. Patriots since 1979. The Super '79 Steelers beat the Patriots on opening day, OT.... 16-13. From 1980 to 1996... all of the games between Patriots and Steelers happened at 3 Rivers Stadium, with Steelers winning just about all games... even in 1988 when they were 5-11. There was one loss to NE at 3 Rivers some time in the 80's... too lazy to look it up.

Steelers lost to the Patriots at Gillette in the fog bowl of January '97. Woodson's last game as a Steeler. Remember it like it was yesterday.

• Informative Informative x 1