1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers' Grades

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mytake, Jan 24, 2017.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Does anyone on the forum do player grades, e.g., like Gerry Dulac does in the Post-Gazette? (Why should he get to have all the fun?) If someone does, I do not want to steal their thunder. Moderators delete my post, if this is already done in the forum. If not, I would like to start a thread on giving out grades. My plan would be to do a position a day. I will probably base my grade on the old eye test, but if some of you "saber-metric" guys want to do a more detailed analysis, you may convince me to change my grade.

Here's the plan, I will list the position/player and you issue your grade. If you want to give analysis to convince others, that's fine. If you want to just list the grade, that's fine too. After 24 hours, I will average the grades and then move onto the next position.

Let's start with Quarterback.

Ben Roethlisberger - In my opinion, injuries played a role in his 2nd half of the season and playoffs. He did help the Steelers make the playoffs, after the 4-5 record and led them in two playoff wins. For the regular season, I give him a B+. For the playoffs, I give him a B-. With the playoffs being the final exam, the grades are weighted 50-50. So Big Ben gets a solid B.

Landry Jones - A solid C.

Zach Mettenberger - not applicable.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Linebackers:

James Harrison: A

Ryan Shazier: A-

Lawrence Timmons: B+

Bud Dupree: B

Phone is preventing me to state reasons as to why. Tape speaks for itself... so I will let it "do its job."

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I usually do final season grades for the entire team, and will do another one else this weekend

4. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    TTF - A+ Running the best he could with what he had. This site is super fun.

Blackandgoldpatrol - A Played to his strengths of dissecting plays and players alike.

Yours truly - B For booze hound. Has a nose for finding the best ways to drink. This year: used McDonald's straws and a spill proof cup. Good to the last drop... is that a beer slogan.

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    GoalLine - class clown