1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers going after William Jackson III

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blitz, Nov 1, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes...for some reason people think if You run a zone concept....that means everyone on the field is playing zone. Hell I've seen us run zone one side man the other.
    If He can help us at all ...well ....Welcome to the Steelers . I said before the season started We needed another CB

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's having a bad season for the first time, oh well we will get a top 10 draft pick, which is exactly what this team needs.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Enough to go to 3 SBs ...Win 2....with 2 different Head Coaches.....So .....More than every Qb in the Entire History of the NFL except about 9 different Qbs. Does that answer Your Question????

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, when was the last time the Steelers got off to a fast start in the playoffs, instead of having to play from behind.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Ben was never the problem. Tomlin isn’t having a bad season. He is a bad coach. Every year until he gets fired will look like this because he sucks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I was just throwing down a vanilla example of a contract restructure/extension to show how the 2023 dollars would play. I would obviously expect some nuances worked in to add incentive. My point was, as you stated here and I said above, risky move.

I get the idea that he and his agent might agree to scrap the current contract after this season, but I don't know how likely it is. I suppose there's a chance they'd entertain it. I know he worked with Austin in Cincinnati, not sure how close they were. But if he cuts a place for himself in Pittsburgh the ball would certainly be in his court.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    +1 for admitting. And truth is we all truly don't know. We've seen trades that you think would be a lot and ended up being for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    raccoons are related to bears so you weren't really wrong either way!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Because the only problem is the coach. When the chosen one throws multiple interceptions it’s the coach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I saw analysts that rated the clay pool trade a B+ for us and Jackson trade a B. Not bad

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    the terrible podcast rates the jackson trade worse. jackson costs us 3 mill this year for a couple of games and may or may not be worth it. he is due a roster bonus of 3 mill in march then would cost 9 mill in dead money to cut. 9 million is what joe haden cost us at his peak. him being worth 12 million is unlikely and we would pay that to keep him

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So does he still have the speed he did coming out?

He was a 4.3 guy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Probably not at His age, but if He hasn't lost an abundance of speed....experience should help.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    First time? I'd label 2012 and 2013 bad seasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So it must be true

The salary part after this year isn’t even a factor that will either be cut or a new contract either way not even a factor

We got an experienced CB with a few miles left in the tires

If he turns out good or bad swapping late draft picks is a small cost compared

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    He's had more bad seasons than good. Given the talent levels the first 8+ years he was HC, the dearth of playoff wins after that initial SB victory is pathetic.

He isn't showing any ability to adapt and make changes when needed. Now that talent is below average, we'll be a top 5 drafting team for a few years given our awful coaching. I just hope our new GM isn't equally awful (so far, I am cautiously optimistic).

We need a new HC/OC and possibly DC. It was time two years ago.

18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I know you love Ben and all, but good lord man. Ben was 9 of 20 something with two picks in the first one. Played okay in the second. Two more interceptions including a pick 6 in the third. Which we lost by 6 points. Since 2010 how has he faired in the playoffs? How many times did he turn the ball over in the first quarter against the browns?

19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    We are playing a lot of man coverage this year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Ben was not the problem. Ben was an elite QB. You can not say that about Tomlin.

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You’re correct I can not say Tomlin was an elite quarterback.hate to break it to you, but Ben hadn’t played like an elite qb in a few years. There were flashes here and there, but consistently game to game? No

22. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    $9 million if we cut him and $12 million if we keep him.. not a factor?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Context My Friend.
    So since Peyton Manning, and Ben have almost identical SB stats what's that say? Yet one of those went in His young 2nd year.
    There is a reason only 9 other Qbs in the History of the NFL have been to more.
    So while You think I Love Him....I'm just going....Hmmm....since only 9 Qbs in the History of the NFL have done better..

also some of those 9 Qbs had worse SB performances....I don't think You appreciate Him enough....., but unless We get lucky, and You stay a fan.....You will.....You will

24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Oh I appreciate him, but he’s not without his warts. He wasn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Let’s not forget for a lot of his career we had outstanding defenses and that played a huge role in our success as well.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:
    Of course He had warts.....I really can't think of a Qb without any at all.
    No Qb does it on their own....Never has, and never will Be. I can't think of one Qb that won a SB without a great team around them.....Now I have seen great Qbs lose SBs without great teams....., but I've never seen one win without one.