1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans should root for Green Bay to lose in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 21, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not really in favor of giving up multiple picks for players, but Rodgers at 39 is a lot better than Ben at 39.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. Bet he lands in SF too.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    ... again guys.

Aaron Rodgers has a NO TRADE CLAUSE. This essentially places the ball in his court. He shall be the one to decide whether or not he would want to be traded to a particular destination; Pittsburgh or otherwise.

Again though, Najee Harris, Pat Freiermuth and Diontae Johnson... that is more or less what Aaron would be working with; a poor Offensive Line doubly so and no less. Why on earth would he want to come here? Now, somewhere like Denver, a team with more weapons and a chance to improve more on the Offensive Line than the Steelers? That is a destination worth considering.... except both Justin Herbert and Patrick Mahomes dominate the AFC West at present. Houston nor Miami will likely make a play for him. Regarding San Francisco??.... what would that make Trey Lance then? For that matter, that would make the play to acquire him even worse. However, none of these options matter. Why?

Unless Aaron Rodgers is cut, no team realistically has a shot at him unless he himself is interested thanks to, and again, the no trade clause. The Packers cannot force him to go to that team nor can they restructure his contract to say that he can; doubly so since the Packers are way over the cap at present. As much as I personally hate to say it, I would rather the Steelers either find that guy in the 2022 draft or focus on the more critical area's so that either Haskins or Rudolph can perform as best as they can; preferably Haskins for me but I digress.

For that matter, the only QB I would want the Steelers to pursue is Derek Carr but again, what is Las Vegas going to ask for him? Derek Carr is mobile but I severely doubt he would survive behind this Offensive Line. Have to build the trenches for the QB to even survive; yet another reason I do not believe Joe Burrow will last as long as others believe should he continue to get beaten like a piñata.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Disagree with you my friend. What is stopping Rodgers from coming here will be the asking price preventing the Steelers from making an offer. He has already expressed an admiration for Tomlin and there is more for him to work with here than in GB.

He has ONE wr in GB, ONE. As great as Adams is, Rodgers has no second target. The running back is a wash and he would have a TE which he doesn’t have in GB.

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Can't do that if they trade the top picks to get Rodgers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’s a basic accountant

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

However, at what point has Rodgers expressed any interest in coming here?! Yes, he has an admiration for Tomlin but it is going to take more than just a mere form of appreciation to garner his attention. Aaron wants to compete for a Super Bowl title; a championship caliber roster being his most desirable spot.

Pittsburgh is not even close to being that. This Offensive Line needs fixed... bad. There is no WR that can stretch the field either. Never mind the offense though as the defense has its own share of problems; Linebacker and Defensive Line being chief among them. Too many deficiencies for this team to contend for a title unlike Buffalo or even Cincinnati for that matter.

If I am Aaron Rodgers, I would pick and choose my team carefully.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    True but Colbert has only traded a first round pick once. I don’t see it happening, he doesn’t want to come here anyway he just likes to stir it up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree to disagree. We have weapons a plenty that Rodgers would love and a defense that just needs to fix the run defense which by just getting a couple pieces back healthy would go a long way to doing.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:hi:

Agreed to disagree.

I just do not see a Championship Caliber Team with the one we have; Rodgers or otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Being shot is better than being hung

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I knew it wasn't going to happen even before someone said they wanted it to happen.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

The reason it will happen is Coach T and AR really like each other and after the show that Patrick and Josh put on the AFC is exactly where AR wants to be.. He probably play a bit cheaper if he has free range of play calling and gets a chance to beat those guys to lock in his place as a Great QB .. He needs SB wins and to do that against those guys to get there he will be all about it..AR is coming and 4 1st. rounders is a bargain to get him here .. Coach T on his last leg so he will go all in to make it happen or he can say blater I wanted this cat and you guys would not do it so my failure is on you.. That's what the wink,wink was all about..

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He won’t even have Adams next year by the looks of it, he is an unrestricted free agent and they’d have some crazy cap gymnastics to do in order to tag him. Doubtful he will be signing a long term deal.

Packers are heading in to a period of change after years of restructuring guys to keep what they thought was a championship roster together

15. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    idiot

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Come on, man. Come on. Rodgers said he like Tomlin's confidence and had heard good things about him; he didn't say anything about the offense he built of strategical prowess.

Rodgers isn't coming.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2022-1-24_11-41-31.gif

I don’t think he is coming but not because he wouldn’t want to but because the Steelers won’t give up 3 number ones for him and they shouldn’t at his age. I’d give up one 1st rd pick plus a combination of picks after the first.

18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I see no Franchise QB'S coming out the next 2 or 3 drafts ...AR actually likes to play under Center and use PA ..AR also throws a great deep ball .. We have a good RB a good TE and DJ,Juju, and RayRay are not bad across the middle and on quick routes.. If Claypool could become a deep threat our run game could really explode, with real PA our quick routes could become big plays with pinpoint accuracy from the QB spot.. I think Coach T has some leverage as Ben has really ran the Team so he can point out the things Ben could not do and show what AR can do and how we could become explosive and is that not worth future 1st round picks that may or may not work out?

Ben should have retired 3 seasons ago and AR has at least 4 more good NFL years IMO.. In that window we might could win 1 or maybe even 2 SB'S ...

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’d love to have him but not at that price. He could go on to play as long as Brady did or his play could fall off a cliff.

Also, as great as he is, you can’t automatically assume that translates to SB wins, he has one in his career.

3 #1’s is a huge price for a 4 year rental that may not even provide 1 SB. That many first rd picks, I want a guy that will be here a long time.

20. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Rodgers hasn't scored more than 40 points in a playoff game since 2010; and Tomlin hasn't kept another team from scoring 40 points in a playoff game since 2016. I think it's a bad mix.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Well, I’ve never been shot, but I’ve never found the other to be a problem.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Eff the Bengals

• Like Like x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fair enough and in a ideal world i agree younger with less invested would be better , but a change in approach to a win now mode with AR is not a path that we should not at least consider .. 2 1st. would be much better if we could pull that off..

24. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hung like a mouse huh I haven't heard that one in awhile..lol.