1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans should root for Green Bay to lose in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 21, 2022.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You said if I didn't want Aaron Rodgers, I must be a Lions fan which doesn't make any sense.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not a fan of some of his drama, but I would take Rodgers over Rudolph/Haskins any day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I mean in that case I guess but I'd rather have a younger up and coming free agent. This team is not a QB away from winning a championship hate to tell you guys.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, after New England tied the Steelers with six, I don't care about the 49ers or Cowboys winning their sixth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yup.

I care a lot more of how the Steelers return to power; accomplishments of other teams not intriguing to me in the slightest... save for a few trivia ones.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He would give you the best chance to reload on the fly, add a few pieces in free agency and the draft, and they could still be a playoff team.

7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You'll be so cash strapped by his salary, you're not gonna be able to get as much as you think.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You're obviously passionate about the Rodgers sweepstakes but realistically I think he either stays in Green Bay or goes to Denver. Pittsburgh I don't think is high on that list.

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He saying I a bad ass QB ,give me a D and special teams with a running game ,I will get it done .. AR is the next QB for us and now Coach T must do his thing build a Team of want to guys is why I loved Redman , not really NFL type skills as a RB ,but he gave his all.. AR see tkese things and is ready to win games or better yet big games..We work the OL,DL and DB spots AR will throw darts, so 5 year deal and win 3 he wasted 17 he 2 or 3 times better than Ben..Lets do it..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Omar Khan would work his magic to lessen the hit on the cap :hehehe:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Every team has a capologist on payroll these days. Khan I don't think is as special as he's advertised.

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Rodgers just lost to a less talented QB than himself. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You guys are really gonna be disappointed when this doesn't happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Guys....

Rodgers' void year is 2023. In addition, the only way to acquire him is via trade; a no trade clause at that. Why on Earth would Aaron Rodgers head to Pittsburgh; a team with literally little to no Offensive Line to begin with? Najee Harris, Diontae Johnson and Pat Freiermuth.... that is more or less of what A-Rod would possess here. That said, none of it matters if he cannot have the time to throw the ball. In addition, @DukeDukeDaDaDa is correct about the salary and would pose a great challenge it attempting to find some quality depth or even resigning any to begin with. Why? More info below.

Again, I am, by no means a fan of this man but he does great work with the Salary Cap. If these figures are closer to the rough estimate, all that means is that, in the unlikely event the team does somehow obtain Rodgers, the team is left with literally nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Not me.

I knew it was not going to happen even during the early season hype of the whole aspect of A-Rod coming here. The Cap Space simply is not in the cards. Even if it is, say bye bye to quite a bit of players; doubly so in Minkah's case as I would not budge an inch if I were him to be paid either as the NFL's Top Safety or a Top three NFL Defensive Player at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

:hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know where he ends up but after tonight I’m sure he wants out of GB more than ever. The guy has absolute garbage for receivers after Adams. He’s got a legit beef with them for not fixing that. Could you imagine if they had an AJ Brown or a Cooper Kupp on that team along with Adams. Or even a TE to throw to. Actually they should have given him both by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Kind of sounds like a T-mobile commercial: “On a spotty network this is what was heard “Aaron Rodgers is coming to Pittsburgh.”

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not a fan of that guy either, he does this every offseason before the team makes moves to free up space. What he is saying above is technically correct but he is not taking in to account that there are a lot of ways to manipulate the cap number.

Cut Banner & Schobert and delay Bens retirement until June and you have an extra $20m to work with for a start. Haeg and Derek Watt can also be cut saving over $5m, they could also get Minkah’s number down through an extension. Max restructures with TJ, Cam and Tuitt would also save over $30m on the 2022 cap.

Im not stating that they should do all of the above, just highlighting that there are lots of ways to free up space to make moves and things are not as bleak as SteelersDepot is making out

I think the situation that exemplifies this best is the Chiefs after their SuperBowl win a few years ago, they were scheduled to be over the cap for 2020, the sky was falling and the team was breaking up etc. Within a few weeks they had done a record breaking deal with Mahomes and market leading deals with Jones and Kelce, having signed Hill to a huge deal the previous year.

With the Salary Cap, thee is always a way. I don’t want Rodgers but if the Steelers do trade for him the salary cap is not an issue I’d worry too much about. The trade capital they’d have to give up is a much bigger problem given the holes they have on the roster. They badly need an injection of young talent at several positions.

That said, nothing matters if you don’t have a QB

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I don’t see LA or San Fran beating the Bucs so Brady will be in the Super Bowl again. So I’m rooting for the AFC. Of who is left I hope it’s Buffalo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Tomlin for Rodgers straight up

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When people say they are smoking wings, they mean in a meat smoker.

Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
  24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I'm sure it won't happen, but if there is any chance to get Aaron Rodgers you take it.

I do not care how much draft capital you have to give up. Having Aaron Rodgers for 3 quality years is worth 3 first round picks.

You can put the best team in the league together, but if Mason Rudolph is your quarterback you aren't going anywhere.

You can have an above average team and if Aaron Rodgers is your quarterback you are a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Multiple first round picks for a 39 year old QB. Not no but hell no Lol this would be extremely stupid.