1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans ranked 5th best

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Thigpen82, Jun 25, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    my first trip outside of Texas was to Pittsburgh last year and I fell in love. I would love to move there once i retire, well if my fat ass lives that long

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You say that until you have to live one Pittsburgh winter.

These list are always bull****. It's like the ones that determine the "teams worth" based on venues their stadiums hold and surrounding medium income. This list used social media? Steelers fans are generational and a lot of older people don't use social media. I've noticed we aren't as strong on social media. Yet, we take over every away stadium for the most part even stretching to Cali. 5th? Yeah okay LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd trade a Pittsburgh winter for any one of the 40 I have lived through in North Dakota and Minnesota. That includes the blizzards of 97 that led to the Flood of 98 that nearly destroyed the town I grew up in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't consider anything that the Sea hawks stadium does as genuine record. The whole stadium was designed to amplify the crowd noise, Arrowhead rocks without needing design features to help.

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Great googly-moogly!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Well I'm a Steeler fan & I'm second to "no one" when it comes to cheering for my team. Even when they play the Bears, it's Steelers all the way all day...

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    When I was younger I would fall for this BS and get angry and post just as much BS remarks. Then I found my Steeler Zen, realizing that beat writers have to write this crap just to fill space during the off season. A recent ESPN listing on the best to worst franchises in the next 3 years. The talk shows just went ga ga talking all day about this non-sense, simply because there was nothing else to fill 24 hours of talk, over how many 24 hours radio and TV sports networks?

I could care less where the Steelers rank in the out yinzers world. They will always have my heart, even when they make stink decisions. lol

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers always in all ways.

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I've lived in numerous NFL cities and I can honestly say that there are tangible reasons why I think Steeler fans are the best. Arrogant? Maybe. Cocky? Maybe But......we understand what it takes to win and a lot of fans have no clue! In a lot of cities, the NFL is just something to do. In Cleveland they honestly believe that they should win because "they deserve it".

Steelers fans are, for the most part, classy, intelligent football fans!

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you Stone, I have been fortunate to have seen the Steelers play in away stadiums AFC north , Buffalo, Houston, LA.
    I think because we are from a small market that we have an emotional attachment to the team.

I am old enough to remember the Steelers when they STUNK. Then Dan Rooney, Chuck Noll, Joe Greene
    changed that.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I have to defend one of our greatest rivals. The browns fans love their team. I like them to the steelers fans in dedication. I think there are only a handful of cities that are the die-hard variety. Pittsburgh of course, philly, Cleveland, green bay, chicago and maybe dallas. The Cleveland fans had their team ripped away from them by a greedy owner. That would be devastating. To never have been to a super bowl and still go to the games says something about them. I hope they do well so that rivalry can continue. Not that I want them to ever beat us but to let them think they can. It makes for good football.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto, I give a lot of credit to Browns fans.

13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't even have Emory University on my top 100 Colleges, so don't really care about their top fan list. :) Oh yeah, and they use Facebook as their social media metric..... why not look at thesteelersfans.com as THE steelers social media gauge?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
  15. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Once again we are behind the Patriots in the standings...... sigh.....how? why? really? Really?

16. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Philadelphia? Yeah they're popular. In PRISON!

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ditto. I've been to Pittsburgh once but loved it, even with the Steelers losing to the Jets :facepalm:

Overall though, still a great experience. Sadly my phone broke and lost all the pics on it before I off loaded them :sigh:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Nobody can argue Browns fans loyalty but try living around here and you will soon see that Browns fans are not "good fans", just loyal to a garbage product.

They honestly believe that the only difference between the Browns and the Steelers is that the Steelers cheated.

They don't have a clue what it takes to win in the NFL, every year for the last 15 years Browns fans were absolutely convinced that their #1 draft pick was going to make the difference.

They place zero value on culture, leadership, coaching, general management, ownership, etc.; because they think that they are just a player or two away from being elite.

They simply can't accept that they are light-years away from a real NFL team and this is why this hype machine is going to crash in Cleveland producing the worst year the fans have ever endured. They are an injury or two away from a 4-5 win team.

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not that I want to be negative but who the #$%^ cares?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had the thrill of living in Cleveland in the late 70’s.

Talk about a fish out of water.

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A fish out of burning water:smiley1: That had to be fun!

I moved here in 1980 after I got out of the service and I would bet you that the vast majority of "Browns fans" wouldn't have a clue what the Browns record for the 80's was, all they know is that they were screwed by the refs in three AFC Championship games. If you told Browns fans that the Browns winning percentage was only .549 for the 80's and that they were the 2nd worst team in the league (3-13) in 1990 they would not believe you.....they don't even know their owns teams history other than the good seasons.