1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

STEELERS FANS PLEASE HELP...

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Jun 10, 2014.

1. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    sorry if this is off topic and TTF if you have to remove it so be it .. but to me all burg sports are united as one....brothers in sports if you will... isnt it a damn shame that andrew mccutchen...the NL MVP is trailing some guy from the brewers named carls gomez (never heard of him sorry) by 1600 votes for the last spot on the NL AS team... im asking all the members here to vote early and often for Cutch for the AS spot that he so rightly deserves... just go to MLB.com and vote.

HINES

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah it's carp but he will be a coaches choice if the fans don't vote him in.

3. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    MAYBE HE WILL.. probably will.. ya never know... managers take a lot of their own players.. and i want him voted in .. not selected by a coach... i bet if every member here voted 5 tieme we could erase that 1600 lead... thats the problem with the fans voting .. they vote for the home team and if u go to games they encourage you to vote the home team ticket.. not the BEST players .. at least in cincinnati they used to do that (havnt gone to a game in 9 years)

HINES

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh yeah all these all star games are nothing more then a popularity contest. Russel Martin got screwed last year.

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Me personally, I don't like CARP either, but to each his own....

6. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Based on performance, Walker should be in (merits at bat and on defense) a shame his appendectomy right now. Cutch has had a monster June (5hrs I guess, has 9 total HRs right now and hitting above .300) and should be in too. Watson will be in, and probably Cole deserves a look.

Would like to make a case for Harrison, too. I just don't see how, or where (RF-LF-3B-2B?)

Right now I see no other All star (probably G Sanchez, but he has played few games).

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

woah
    wait a minute

you're in Japan and don't like CARP?

unbelievable

you're unbelievable oooo

thank you EMF

8. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    thanks to all that voted... cutch got player of the week last week so that helped him a lot .. hes currently (6/21) #2 behind puig ... what a joke.. keep voting

HINES

9. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Update:
    Cutch is #1, but close race with Gomez. On pace for his 1st All Star Game start.
    Walker is #2 among NL 2B, but far away from #1.

Do you think any Pirates pitcher will be called? Hurdle will be NL manager's assistant, so I thin Watson will be called. By the way, I've listened that Hurdle will push for Harrison to get in, but still seems a long shot.

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Cutch got in as a starter! (Since Jason Bay, 2006, we haven't had a starter for the All Star Game)
    Watson and Harrison made it too (selected by NL Manager).
    Very glad for all three, but particularly for the Manager's selections. Harrison deserves every bit of it, and Watson has been really outstanding!