1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans get ready for another year of Dan Moore Jr. as your starting LT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 30, 2024.

1. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I have no idea what he will be. As you've stated on numerous occasions, he has not been good up to this point. That doesn't mean I can't be cautiously optimistic about him being better.
    You present your opinion as absolute or even as a fact. Meaning that you think he is trash now so he will always be trash. You don't know that, you're just making an educated guess just like the rest of us. I choose to take a wait and see approach because for all we know he may never see the field for the Steelers so I don't see a need to get too worked up about him at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    *ahem*

Getting back to Dan Moore, for me, the options are coming down to the likes of Amarius Mims, Nate Wiggins or even Graham Barton. Any of the aforementioned greatly increase the capability of the team in a big way. Beyond those three in Round One?!

Taliese Fuaga

JC Latham

Kool Aid McMinstry (not a fan but nevertheless)

More or less. Take your pick.

3. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    IF drafting a LT, Patrick Paul from Houston.

RT, I would prefer JC Latham from Bama.

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    AQL, I haven’t watched any of his film yet (and Kool-aid is an all-time great NFL nickname), but I saw McCinstry’s RAS score was only like a 7. Will he still be a first round pick?

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Disco maybe said it, he was very upset when they benched him for Pickett. But thats about it. It’s silly to think a bridge QB would be great, wtf would they need to draft anyone else then.

Yeah, because misremembering a stat line from 6 months ago is the same as making **** up about what people said. You know how to use the search feature now, knock yourself out. With so many people claiming Fields will be awesome and Trubisky would be great, should be easy to find.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t see how they don’t take a WR in the first 2 rounds as things stand right now. Baring a trade they almost have to. The WR room is the weakest unit right now.

I think its WR and then center or vice versa in the first two rds

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're just making stuff up to pat yourself on the back for being right about Trubisky :facepalm:.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well, the Eagles drafted a center a few years ago in Cam Jurgens, teams value tackles more than they do center's. If Mims or Latham are on the board at #20 that's probably the pick, Barton, JPJ, or Frazier will be on the board at #51.

9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm aware of the positional values, but more goes into the computation than just the position alone. The Steelers are rail thin at center, while they technically could push forward with Moore Jr. and Jones. But this draft is also deep at tackle, with some solid talent still available in the third and fourth rounds.

Miami is another hotspot for a center pick. Many see JPJ going there if the Steelers pass at 20. Barton goes to an OL-needy team in the 20's like the Ravens (who keep him at T/G), which leaves Frazier to get by the 20-25 picks to get to the Steelers in the second. It's possible, but not something I'd want to bet on, especially with the Eagles one pick ahead of them (They slid Jurgens over to RG. They could move him back of course, but then they'd need another guard.).

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You answered My question....You 1st said nobody said that, but somehow will not take a real money bet .....why???? Because You dang well know some said that. So say whatever You want....You are not even sticking to what You said with any confidence. LoL You are talking around it. But I'm sure some will agree with You anyway.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. LoL. Yes let's get past You arguing about stuff that was said , and not said before You were even here. LoL. I noticed You are another that said nobody said Trubisky would be great, but will not take a real money bet against that. So lack of conviction I would say. You know why I would take that bet.....because I a have a screen shot of over more than 4 people saying that from this board..., and I would love to take Your money. So I guess the whole.....Nobody said that is totally wrong.

13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This is what I am afraid of too, Thor. I have no confidence that one of the three (Barton, JPJ, or Frazier) makes it to #51.

All along I’ve wanted Latham or Mims at #20 and Frazier at #51. I figured because of the unusual depth at tackle this year, this is a rare chance to get a ten-year RT at #20.

Now I’m not so sure. Let’s say it’s Mims. If he’s not ready to play immediately then we are still stuck with Moore at LT while (I believe) stunting Broderick’s growth. Not ideal. So if it’s not a plug-and-play RT at #20 then maybe we just find a different developmental RT in a later round and take Barton in the first.

So now I’m thinking/hoping for:

20 OC Barton (Duke)
    51 DT Fiske (Florida State)
    3a. CB
    3b. WR

but I’d still be cool with:

20 RT Mims (Georgia)
    51 OC Frazier (WVU)
    3a DT Maason Smith (LSU)
    3b WR

14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Look, I'm not doing this with you again. You're already becoming combative. Look at what I posted above, it was an honest question asking for anyone that thought Fields would be 'awesome' for the Steelers. You're dodging it.

I alluded to claims of a large contingency of posters that supposedly thought Trubisky would be 'great', not that nobody said it. It's normal to have a few outliers. And I've told you many times I've been here since 2014, as well as how you can easily check it if you for whatever reason think I'm lying.

Instead you're spinning off into screenshots you have of posts about Trubisky from two years ago, which, given the many times you've insisted you don't care what anyone here thinks, is equally nonsensical.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Bragging about being right Trubisky isn't the flex you think it is :rolleyes:.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody was flexing......You said nobody said it....now You know Your a#$ overloaded Your mouth, and You can't say anything but that. This all started because You said Nobody said it, and now You can't say anything else because You dang well know they did.....this could have all been avoided if You didn't jump in saying things that weren't true, and just kept your mouth shut.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know what I don't do mister holier-than-thou.....I don't argue about what was , and wasn't said before I joined. You know why....because I wasn't here, I don't know, and I don't care....., but not You You jump right in not knowing what the hell You are talking about. Unless You were on the board in a different name, and had already gotten kicked off. You say nobody said it....now You know I can prove they did , and You are trying to change it. This could have all been avoided if you didn't say stuff about something You don't know about,,but You can't help trying to be this I'm holier-than-thou guy.
    Just like when @JackAttack 5958 , and @Formerscribe were arguing.....You , and a few others just had to jump in with your holier-than-thou, captain save a hoe attitude.....

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm cool with moore starting the season and herbig starting the season. especially with smith and the run game. not to mention the 3 RB's we have. add washington in year two and this should be a pretty formidable o-line in the run game. bring that defense up into the box and we have speed to burn teams deep. any of the WR's are fast and good size except for austin but he's still capable. muth working the middle of the field and play action, this could be some good stuff. get the last few years out of your mind, this will be blocked different and look different. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    upload_2024-4-7_14-13-28.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They did not spend a first-round pick on a quarterback because their third-string guy died. Come on.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I'm being realistic about a couple of good games from a quarterback who hasn't been very good at the job otherwise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I said nobody because I don't recall them saying he was going to be great, you're the one acting like fans was expecting Trubisky to be the next Ben :facepalm:.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If you weren’t trying to discredit his performance in those two games you’d have said Fields played great those two games but overall he hasn’t been very good.

25. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's just not taking the entire circumstance into consideration.

Colbert in his last hurrah, a year with a weak QB class, who already had 2 former 1st rounders on his team would have reached on a QB in the first round had his QB room not have just lost his other young gun prospect. Every outlet and most of the guys in here knew they were looking at taking one of the QBs early and there was some thought about any of them slipping to the second round. That transitioned to They were definitely taking a QB in the first round once Haskins died. The only question was which one they would deem the best one to take a shot at.

SMH the only QB taken in the first 2 rounds, they definitely could have waited.