1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fans get ready for another year of Dan Moore Jr. as your starting LT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Mar 30, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did You see How they lost that game???
    Ok....a...Just answer Me this....is everyone that thinks He will be awesome going to just disappear like the ....Trubisky will be great here guys did, and then act like they never said it???

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Whatever reality you have to create to prop yourself up :thumbs up:

4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I don't know about awesome but is it alright to be cautiously optimistic that he doesn't suck? Or will that get us chastised as well?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Honest question, has anyone here actually said they think Fields will be "awesome"? Most of the positive commentary I recall about him has been from those that generally see him as more dynamic than Pickett, but concede he has shown similar problems reading defenses at times, has had turnover issues, and has started for nearly a full season more than than Kenny.

Some have embraced him simply because they'd already written off Pickett and wanted a different option (personally I was interested to see how he'd do with a real OC despite the flaws he showed last season) and he came at a low cost, but this feels a bit like the retellings of history surrounding Trubisky's signing, where supposedly there was also a large contingency that thought he would be "awesome", while only one man dared to stand against the tide and declare him to be a bust of a signing.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nobody thought Trubisky was going to be awesome with the Steelers, he was signed to be a bridge QB not some long term answer :rolleyes:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It wasn't the Jets. It was the Commanders, who gave up more yards and more touchdowns passing than any other defense in the NFL in 2023.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    At least he didn't claim Fields torched the Jets when it was the Commanders. :hehehe:

(I know it was an honest mistake, but...lol)

10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No way JPJ makes it to the 51st pick. Frazier has an outside shot, but the Eagles sit at 50 (and 53) and have a big hole to fill there as well. I'm sure they know the Steelers will be a serious consideration if they choose to pass on him there.

11. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Another year of Dan "Less" would suck.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    At the time they signed Trubisky, they still had Mason and Haskins (as a project). I really think the Pickett draft pick was a reactionary move after the Haskins tragedy and a desperate Colbert stab at a franchise QB.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    haskins = fields. then there was the one they won the national championship with and i told you all he was dumber than a rock.

the only ohio state qb that Mac told you all about when he was a freshman was burrows. oh and i also mentioned brock purdy a couple of years ago.

pats self on back.
    :smiley1::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Dang. Yup, had the Broncos schedule up previously, they played the Jets the week after playing the Bears.

Had the right amount of TD’s though!

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    All of this, 100%. It’s Fields potential that is exciting. Has a lot of the same trouble as Pickett did just much more gifted and dynamic. I hated that they gave into Picketts demand and wish Pickett hadn’t made one. Would rather of had 3 QB’s to hopefully have one emerge as the guy instead of just two. That doesn’t sound to me I think Fields is a sure thing but to some here that is a guarantee he will be awesome :rolleyes:

Exactly, everyone knew he was a bridge QB, what STD is claiming doesnt even make sense. People were just hopeful he could be better this time around given the circumstances.

Rudolph and Pickett couldnt do that against crappy defenses. You guys are trying too hard to discredit good QB play.

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    From PFN- Fields 3rd best backup QB to start season, although the top 2, Jacoby Brissett and Gardner Minshew, may actually be starters at the beginning of the season, depending on how rookie draft picks work out.
    Kenny Pickett is #13.
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-backup-qb-rankings/

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers can move up in the second round to get their center if they need to.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    more and more, I think the Steelers go T in Rd 1 and C in Rd. 2. Saw several names last night, kid from WVU being 1 - that should be there when we pick Rd. 2. We also have draft capital to move up if have to.

RT is more important than C, harder to find Blue Chip T's than C's, is my opinion.

we will see what they do, soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wait ....would You like to put money on that...real money that nobody said He would be great here, and that it was all Chicago's fault??? Just like they are saying about Fields.
    You know that is not what was said by everyone, and You are freaking lying if You say it is. Someone brought one freaking post to show that I was wrong about this before, and I brought 3 different threads showing I was correct about some of the people, and Trubisky. Just like the KFP , and Mason post that are all over the board no matter the topic.....that's how the Trubisky was when He was first signed.....the problem was.....like it will be with Fields.....is everyone that said He would be good just disappeared, and acted like they never said that . I Freaking guarantee the same will be done with Fields if He fails.....all the people that say He will be great will say.....I never said that. So stop the bull$hit. Hell some of the Trubisky supporters aren't even on here with the names they had back then.....they have new names

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Notice no answer....just a comment. LoL. Talk about reality.
    You make up how many yards that is not correct, and wrong teams He (Fields) did things against.....yet I'm the one accused of Having to make up a reality. LoL. How rich. LoL

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You have no opinion???....I'd say He sucks already. 54 tds , 30 ints, 38 fumbles, and a 10- 28 record....., or was that all Chicago's fault. I curious....by all means....tell Me what You think He will be....

22. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm don't see this as an effective strategy. Sure, theoretically they could move up, but how far? The Eagles aren't the only team interested in Frazier. Even if they knew precisely where he would be taken they have a number of needs right now. Overspending with their draft capital and using multiple picks to fill one of them wouldn't be the recommended course of action.

To me it would make more sense to take JPJ in the first and pick the tackle up with one of their three picks in the second or third. That, or try trading down in the first to land JPJ/Frazier/maybe Barton while gaining a pick.

• Like Like x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok...after all that. What do You think He will be??? I mean tell me...don't hang on the fence, and then jump to whatever side is right....also..You don't know the History of the Trubisky signing...You weren't on the board, and You brought one thread trying to prove Your point. That would be like me bring one thread to prove My point about KFP, or Mason, and what peoplehave said. You know that would be impossible...When there are Multiple threads about it, and even more threads that weren't about it , but still talked about it, and turned into it. It's very simple. How about putting Your money where Your mouth is.....Bet Me real money nobody said Trubisky would be great, and it was all Chicago's fault why He failed there. Just like has been said about Fields.

24. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    As a strategy goes it is more of a hope. It takes 2 teams to make a trade. The Dolphins pick at 21 and could take a Center there. They grabbed a guy in FA but doesn’t necessarily remove the possibility. That leaves Frazier and Van Pran to survive for 30 picks, or hoping we find a trade partner. I agree this is a terrible strategy.
    The Steelers need to stay with their board, IMO.
    If they were to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd/3rd in the process, would be much better than hoping to trade back into contention for a Center they covet.

25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I really don't understand why you get so irrational about this. How about we start with my question, which you failed to answer before bouncing off the walls again.

In the meantime can we get past when I joined the board, once and for all? This is at least the third time you've said I wasn't on the board a couple of years ago. You do know the date below the user's avatar is their join date, not birthday, right? (If you're using your phone you just tap their handle.)