1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers fan from Utah

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by MackDog21, Mar 12, 2017.

1. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Whats up everyone! Go Steelers!

29 year old Steelers fan from Utah here. Became a big Steelers fan once I stopped liking the Dolphins at about age 5 or 6, because hey, gotta admit they have some spiffy colors for little kid! My favorite colors were orange and blue, loved Leonardo and Michaelango Ninja Turtles SO much haha. But I looked up to my older brother a lot, and the local high schools football were the same black and yellow as Pittsburgh, so I gravitated towards them. Checked out a book from my elementary school library, on all the Super Bowl games and winners when I was in 1st or 2nd grade, and the rest is history!

Now for some more present stuff... Played football through high school (Running back, and Sam Backer), so I have at decent knowledge of formations, strategies, plays etc, and have always followed the game and tried to learn more through the years. Have a few IRL friends I really like to discuss with because we are more than just "casual" fans and can actually talk about coaching, and gameplans, why certain teams won or lost a game, what players are actually really good or not, their specific strengths and weaknesses, and so on. Much more fun discussing with people who know more than what they heard on TV or like my best friend who only says things like "wow Ben has a good arm on him!" when he makes a good play, and then when he throws a pick "dammit why does he have to go and be stupid!".. when it was pretty obvious (to me) that it was probably the receivers fault on that one (can't know for sure though)... So, wanting to expand my group of fellow football and particularly Steelers fans to talk to, I finally signed up after years of lurking! Excited to be here! I also really really love the draft, and all the draft talk, so figured better now than never!

Also, for some really weird reason, I remember signing up on the Steeler message board on another site a few years ago (it said 2015), and I had NEVER posted there.. I went to sign in today and begin chatting over there, and after poking around a bit trying to figure it out, I had received an automated message from them, letting me know that I had be "banned" from posting there...?? Really, really weird haha. Never have posted, yet am banned? So, there goes their opportunity to add a quality poster to the site. Sucks for them! And here I am :yeehaw: (have been a lurker on 3 separate forums for as long as I can remember, including this one the past 2 or 3 or 4 years)

Glad to be here, sorry that got pretty long! I tend to babble sometimes, but I know it, and I know that (besides this post in the intro forum haha) that people don't want to read my BLOG, but want to discuss football. So I will keep my posts shorter and to the point in the main forums, unless going in-depth discussing about something with someone, but even then, won't be babbling, but Steelers discussion and to the point. GO STEELERS!

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the best Steelers message board on the Internet!

:steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

3. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Thanks SteelinOhio! This really is a great forum. I used to visit the message board on the official website, but for whatever reason they did away with that! So although it has been years, I am technically a refugee from there haha. Thanks again! Really glad to be here!

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, this site was started in response to that one going down, so many of the members from the old official board are here.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I go way back on the old board, what a war it was there, this board is much more fan friendly and laid back, so WELCOME!