1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers elected to Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TwentyFourSeven, Dec 27, 2011.

1. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Mike Wallace
    Maurkice Pouncey
    Troy Polamalu
    Antonio Brown (KR)

2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was hoping for Ike Taylor. None of our linebackers. Not even Kiesel this year. But I would rather be in the Superbowl anyway.

3. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Popularity contest or else we would have a lot more players in. Pretty weak but who cares we'll probably be in the Superbowl :hehehe:

4. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Congrats to them.
    Here`s hoping they will be unavailable due to an appearance in the SuperBowl!
    Were those all 1st string?
    Can`t believe Ben outranked Brady!

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Harrison and Woodley missed too much time with injuries but, all in all, not too bad.

6. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    We did real good but I hope none of them make it.

7. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    James Harrison, Ryan Clark, and LaMarr Woodley were named as alternates

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm amazed that Ben was voted in.

9. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Why? who in the AFC is better? i was Amazed Rivers made it!

10. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Brady is the starter, then Ben.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Right? What about Dalton?

Very happy for AB!

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not to take anything away from him, but he was voted in only because there's a lack of good QB's in the AFC this year. He has put up a decent amount of yards, but he has way too many INT's.

13. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually disagree. Not many of our players are having a pro bowl type season this year.

Ben doesn't have good numbers when compared to the other top QB's in the league. Way too many INT's. If he was in the NFC, he wouldn't make it.
    Troy has really struggled this year and was voted in because of who he is and not what he's done on the field this year.
    Wallace and Brown deserve to be there for sure. Pouncey is arguable. He has had a bit of a down year, partially due to injuries.

Harrison and Woodley don't really deserve it this year, again, mostly due to injuries. They just don't have the stats this year.
    Timmons and Farrior have been awful this year.

Ike is good, but just doesn't get the stats some of the other CB's get, and thats' what gets DB's into the pro bowl. Our other CB's suck.
    Clark has played good this year and I think he deserves to get mentioned. I'd have to look at the stats to see if he should get in though.

Keisel should get in based on his play, but being in a 3-4, he just doesn't get the stats. The guy is a rock though and we're going to miss him.
    Hampton has played bad.

So the ones I would send for sure are

Brown
    Wallace
    Keisel

The ones I would consider are

Clark
    Ben
    Troy
    Ike

14. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    "Keisel should get in based on his play, but being in a 3-4, he just doesn't get the stats. The guy is a rock though and we're going to miss him."

Where is Keisel going to go? Did I miss something here? I sure hope he will be around for awhile.

15. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    He's getting up there in age. He won't be around for too many more years. We were spoiled with him and Smith on that line. There's just no replacing guys like that, especially Smith.

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    C'mon Man, this is a 12 win team. Somebody has to be carrying them.

I like the fact that we have somebody different step up each week. But as a whole, just look at our Defense since Texans Game. If (big if, I know) no turnover in 49ers game, they don't give up 20 points, combined with a stop at end of Raven's game and this is the Top defense in the league. There are many ways to judge a D, I think a combination of points allowed and yards allowed with points being weighed more heavily.

17. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks, I was hoping that I did not miss something there as I think Keisel has played well enough to start the Pro Bowl this year. Even though as we all know, we will not have anyone actually play in it again this year.

18. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't matter if it's a 15 win team, the pro bowl is all about individual stats, and this year some of our players have struggled. Sorry, but the only reason we are a 12 win team this year is because of our joke of a schedule.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We were lucky to get this many in, No standout plays from this team
    this year. Mike Wallace started off really good, def coordinators cooled him down quickly.

20. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    congrats to the pro bowlers...hope none of you all get to play in it

21. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i think Keisel deserved to be there. he has had a great year. Woodley also put up good numbers until he got hurt. he would probably have around 14 sacks right now if he didnt get hurt which would put him right up there with the leaders.

other than that no one really has had a great season.
    Brown is coming on very strong at wr and next year he will make it as a wr. Wallace started off great, but has tappered off. Troy, Pouncey and Ben have all had up and down seasons.

Starks is not a pro bowler, but he made a world of difference for the team on the oline. he has to be considered as a team MVP. the oline was horrible without him and i know they are not great with him, but when he wasnt there Ben was on a path to getting killed by week 5.

22. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm amazed because the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

23. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Considering that the fans get a vote and the Steelers are one of the most popular teams in the league, I'm not sure how that would be something that would hurt our chances. It's not like Goodell himself picks the Pro Bowl players. A lot of the media guys like the Steelers too, and they are also involved in pro bowl voting.

24. markthadon

markthadon Member

Nov 28, 2011
    hell u know its a popular vote clay matthews made it 6 sacs 2 ff 2 ints 50 tls

25. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Me too. The perception is that Ben's not well liked. But good for him for overcoming it.