1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers DEFENSE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 16, 2020.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Gotcha my bad lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    All I did was present evidence that it wasn’t really that much of a factor because Burrow had been better against everyone else than he was against the Steelers. You responded with STFU. Your bad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    To be exact, the Steelers defense leads the league in pass completion percentage:

Steelers: 54.78%

Next closest is 61% (Bears)

Last year, our defense was at 61%. That's a significant improvement on an already outstanding statistic.

• Like Like x 2
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep, and that first sentence was all you needed to say. You could have left off the high-horse air of superiority. So yeah, I said STFU which is typical of an alpha male confrontation. And since we are on an internet MB, we head down the hypermasculine path of insults cloaked behind online anonymity where the more distasteful, offensive, and satiric the better. Of course within the bounds of acceptability as defined by TTF and his mods. And despite what Steel Elvis wrote about people not wanting to read an argument between two people who disagree on a topic, it really is more base and foundational to discernment and cognitive enlightenment. We need and our minds crave confrontation and internet feuds.

LMAO!!!!!

But seriously, I may have overreacted. Your point about Burrow's solid performance as a rookie is well grounded and reasonable. I also recognize that the defense is playing well and the secondary is improving. However, to aver definitively that the defensive pressure is/was the only reason for Burrow's relatively poor play against the steelers is myopic and narrow. I merely injected the possibility that his inexperience also played a role in his poor performance against the steelers. Nothing here is indisputable. If it were, this would be a very boring place with not much to talk about.

There you go professor. I tried to give you plenty of material for you to pick apart, critique, and rebuke. Enjoy

5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    That almost gave me a woody.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You brought up a possibility. I explained why that possibility doesn't really explain Burrow's performance. His performance was below his norm for the season, which fits in with what we've seen from quarterbacks in general against the Steelers' defense for a while now. The difference between your argument and mine is that I supported mine with statistical evidence. You supported yours with STFU. It isn't my fault that you feel some level of inferiority in such a situation, but I do appreciate your use of thesaurus.com to sound more thoughtful in this last post.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Weak rebuttal. You brought up a theory based on your opinion that is solid, but not totally indisputable. And then keep trying vehemently, albeit unsuccessfully, to convince me that my suggestion is wrong. Your insecurity is sad, professor. But even sadder is your constant thirst to launch into your condescending prattle over and over. The fact that you are incapable of not responding to this post will further prove my point about your insecurity. Or... you will actually STFU, in which case, we all win.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, I sure did miss this place! Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I do love that particular internet argument. I keep responding to you, but if you respond to me again, something is wrong with you! If that is the best you've got, you really should quit while you are way behind.

I have no interest in convincing you of anything. You have made it quite clear that you lack the capacity to thoughtfully consider opinions of others, even if they are far better supported than your own. If you were interested in a thoughtful discussion, you wouldn't have opened with STFU. You raised a point that doesn't hold up. I buried it. You can't handle it. The rest is just you being you.

By all means, show us how secure you are by walking away from this particular debate while you are behind. I promise not to think less of you.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for proving my point. You lose.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

We have never met I believe! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!! :)

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I guess you were too insecure to walk away. :lolol:

13. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You still here? Run along now with your tail between your legs. Face it teach, you got owned.

14. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I was looking through some stats for team defense, from pro-football-reference.
    The "QB pressures per drop back" is an eye opener.
    The 2nd through 8th best teams are between 25.1 - 26.5 % (tight clustering of scores).
    The Steelers are way in front at 34.3% (The difference between 1st and 2nd is more than the difference between 2nd and 28th.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's two. You really are far more insecure than I had realized. I'm almost sorry I obliterated the ill-informed point you tried to make. I say tried because you also presented it badly.

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Woody gone.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Well you got one thing correct - yes, you are sorry indeed. Give it up prof, you got owned, but your toxic masculine pride won't let you admit you lost the argument. Hilarious :lolol::lolol::lolol:

18. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    He's used to talking down to his students who can't challenge him for fear of grade retaliation. Doesn't know how to handle it when he isn't superior by virtue of position.

Scenario 1

Student: But Sir, my textbook says definitively that infinities shouldn’t be separated by placing a word in between.

Scribe: You really are far more insecure than I had realized. I'm almost sorry I obliterated the ill-informed point you tried to make. I say tried because you also presented it badly.

Scenario 2

Scribe: You really are far more insecure than I had realized. I'm almost sorry I obliterated the ill-informed point you tried to make. I say tried because you also presented it badly.

Student: So can I go to the bathroom or not?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    He must be a real blast at parties.

Over/under on how long it will be until he replies to you with some arrogantly superior jibber jabber?

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    3 minutes from the time he logs on.

And it will be something about me fighting your battles and how I have no credibility because I said that Switzer was sure handed and wasn't a turnover risk on returns over a year ago.

21. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Nailed it

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You made a bad point. Just admit it or run away in defeat already. You just assumed Burrow's struggles against the Steelers were due to inexperience, falling to realize it was by far his worst game of the season. I buried your terrible argument in actual facts and you can't handle it.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I love that you are still trying to defend the terrible argument you made for Switzer long after he is gone. It isn't the only time you demonstrated that you don't know what you are talking about, but it was the most glaring example. You kept insisting that the Steelers were better off with Switzer even though that clearly was not the case. He was a wasted roster spot. He produced nothing as a receiver and he hurt the return game. Johnson was a massive upgrade last year, as is McLoud this season. Thank you for doing that to yourself. It saves me the trouble.

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Wrong again, Knox. I go to the Injury Update and Ravens game threads. When I get really bored, I come back here to laugh at you again.