1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Defense Revisited

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, May 16, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the D line is fine right now. Not much room to add. We have to see what these young guys can do first. Buggs and Wormley are good additions. If Davis works out we will be fine. We have some others who could make some noise too. Mondeaux looked pretty good last year in preseason. We added a couple of udfas too. Coatney has some pretty good college numbers. 6-4 325. 174 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 16.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles in 3 years. Taylor 6-9 310. 85 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, 5 passes knocked down, 3 forced fumbles, in 3 years. Then we brought in Carson walked from the xfl. He was pretty good there. We have some guys in the pipeline. Tuitt is the main concern. When healthy we could have one of it not the best round in the league. Can and Tyson are still getting it done as well.

I really think buggs and wormley are going to be really good players in the rotation. They have something to prove.

Big dan I still don't get. :cool:

2. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mac daddyo.

I too think our Defense is pretty well set. However, and as you may have seen me advocating numerous times here, I still want that Big- Body True NT for our "D". And no to Big Dan as you stated in so many words. Such a NT in the prototype of Casey Hampton would do wonders for this team. The league is fading away from a pre-dominant passing league as I have stated numerous times. The reason being, IMO, is the lack of quality QBs.

Regarding QBs, look who has left. The Manning Brothers and Luck. On the way out are Ben, Brees, Brady and Rivers. Who is left after that who is truly elite? IMO Mahomes and Wilson and that is it. Most of the other teams have starters that would typically be back-ups but this is what is left over. After Ben's Draft Class that was the last good QB class IMO.

As I stated more and more teams are re-investing in a quality RB. The Giants, Browns, Titans, Rams and others. Again, there just are not enough quality QBs in this league anymore. And again, some of those that are left are on their way out soon except for Mahomes and Wilson.

With that Casey type, I have heard the arguments many times about snap count. I do not agree. You can mix and match as I have stated before between that guy and the Javon Hargrave type. This would be dictated by situational football. I.E., 2nd and 10 or 2nd and 5.

Add to that, now we have a defense that can defend the pass. We did not even have that with Casey. So, get that Big-Body NT and we are maybe the most complete "D" that we have ever been under Tomlin.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Disagree Disagree x 1