1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Cowboys game day thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Dec 16, 2012.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Steelers can still make the playoffs... they can still even win the division

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes we do, Colts will be 5 we will be 6. We beat the jets but I think we will get beat next week

3. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Why's that?

4. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I don't know. A little more pressure, different play calling maybe. Still an absolutely stupid play at a critical time.

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    3 way tie between the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals = Steelers division winner.

6. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not saying Wallace fault for loss. Just observing and noting his lack of effort...again, if the play isn't easily made. when Carr hit the ground he looked at him as if the play was over. Carr...being a real football player...played through contact to the whistle.

7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ya know, I kinda agree with you. The leadership on this team is too incompetent to do anything in the playoffs. If we were hitting our stride and really playing hard football I'd be all for making the playoffs despite our record, but week after week that we're supposed to be stepping up and we just fall on our face.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Im with you NE would embarrass us beyond repair. Anyone who can't admit to that is lying to himself/herself.they do everything in spades that we are pathetic with,that equals disaster.

9. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    which is all the more reason it will not happen.

the Ravens have played maybe even worse than the Steelers have the last three weeks, but there is absolutely no way they're losing out. the Steelers have a better chance of losing out than the Ravens do.

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i agree this team is finding a way to lose everytime , we fumble the ball on the 50 up by 7 with 8 minuts left to gain 4 yards more , we had the game 3 times and we lose , i don't want to see them in playoff running around and fumbling the ball and high picks that we need desperately .

11. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    even if they lose out, their picks aren't going to be good.

12. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Dude are you for real!?

13. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Anyone going to blame Wallace now? When it was your hero and $42 million dollar man Antonio Brown who cost us the game. Atleast Wallace plays like a 2million dollar wide out, unlike the $42 million we dished out to a guy who cost us 2 games this year.

14. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    This group needs to be embarrassed maybe it will motivate ownership to shake things up. Time to get younger on defense, better in the secondary, and a new wide-out or two.

15. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I know, its not Ben's fault, he didn't throw that int that lost the game. Ben is the BEST Qb in the history of the league. He is better than Brady and manning put together.:yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw:

There, feel better?

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The win was right there, and just gave it away.
    This team reminds me of Eagles, with all the turnovers

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    One or two spots can make a big difference. It's better than getting embarrassed in the playoffs ,worse than last year.

18. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have watched highlights of the old 60s Steelers teams that Andy Russell said were the "fumbling, bumbling" Steelers. Somehow, we have stepped back 50 years. I don't want to say that that's what Mike Tomlin has done to this organization. But I feel the need to say it anyway.

19. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    How many times did Bill Cowher loose when he had a lead in the 4th???? Tomlin can't win with a lead

20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean prevent bill?

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually the O Line played good till that last series in regulation but I got a feeling we're done this year. I don't think Ben is back and ain't no way charlie and lefty can take us there

22. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    cowher has other problems , he didn't want a star qb , we need a oversmart sergent of the new era , sean payton for example

23. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just maybe Ben's lost his clutch. Had 3 opportunities to win the game at the end and then he ends handing the game away. Or a piss poor offensive line could explain that too.

24. ballhair

Oct 26, 2011
    Recap:
    Wallace = dud Woodley = dud + fail Harrison = average lb
    brown = dud heath = good solid Tomlin = below to average coach
    Ben = average QB Troy = below ave. to ave. player now

Time has passed this team by. Front office = fail in draft success.

25. ballhair

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben should watch some Brady, Rodgers, Peyton or Brees video's to see how a great QB is supposed to play.

Beat the bungals!