1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers compared to rest of AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I would love Dejean but it looks like that pick is going towards a WR either via trade or we will elect there. As much as I didn’t like Dionte I kind of wish we didn’t trade him at this point simply because I really wanted to sure up the other CB spot. I would love to see this defense with two high caliber CB’s. It seems like it has been a long time since we have had that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Cowherd hates us. I would take that with a grain of salt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Coaching
    1. Ravens
    2. Steelers (Now that we have Arthur Smith)
    3. Browns
    4. Bengals

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Agreed again.[/QUOTE]

5. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Your out of your mind. We went to the Playoffs with a less talented roster last year. We will certainly fill the hole at Center and and WR in FA or the draft. Bringing in an OC from outside the organization with the exception of Canada is the only thing that has worked for us. What about Todd Haley?

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Todd Haley :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah now, that's not true..........as far as you know...:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh :bscow:

You have the 4th highest positive ratings on the board

So stop your whiney assed bitching and put your big boy Barbie pants on and let us like you in our own sweet abusive way

n’ at

:smiley1:

edit: except for those days when you act like someone peed in your cornbread

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The Browns with Watson are not that good of a team. Flacco was ten times better. Glad they shipped him off. Watson is not accurate and has bad decision making skills and not as athletic as everyone thought. Love that his cap number will crush team and no 1st rounder again and he is fragile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree, Watson and LJ are overrated, IMO. Joe Burrow is the best QB in the division when he's healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

*when healthy. kid cannot stay on the field.

i do not think LJ is over rated, but Watson always was. Plays with a ton of heart but lacks talent.

LJ has won 2 MVP's.
    i will let that sink in, unless you just that it is a beauty contest. I do not. He is very talented. not perfect, but very talent. his OC and HC failed him in January. and his WR (fumble in the EZ and personal foul at the 5 yard line - rookie mistakes). that was a very good Ravens team that lost.

he has run into the Mahomes / Reid buzz saw much like Ben ran into the TB12 / Belicheat one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I thought Deshaun Watson was heating up last years before he got hurt? Didn’t he go 14 of 14 in the second half against the ravens or something and then got hurt?

Amari Cooper and Jerry Jeudy are no joke at WR and if Njoku learns to catch they could be dangerous.

Chubb injury just sucked all around. He was my favorite RB to watch play and a great person by all accounts.

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    His spin has been outrageous for just about everything. If Cleveland could put everything together they could go 6-0 in this division, same could be said for all the other teams, it's that close and tough. The Steelers last year could have been at 12 or 13 wins, even as lousy as they had played, but injuries, stupid coaching, blah blah.

My point, we won't know until September and beyond what we or they will do and what develops on specific teams. If Russ lights it up and the D holds, we could win the division and have a bye..not un-realistic, or we could fall on our faces and be a 7 win team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    That was the best our offense and Ben were under Haley.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I hated Haley but hes the best OC they’ve had since Arians and Arians has been the only good in house promotion in like the last 20 years or so.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We had a puke offense with defense that went through crazy injuries at key spots and went to playoffs and crushed it in division. We did beat Ravens with Lamar and always play well in division so if we can have an offense like the end of last year, we can win division. We might have won it last year if not for the Mitch Tribisky debacles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah except that it's not only Mahomes that has beaten Him.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell ....most teams that go 5-1(like we did) in their division usually win their division.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Does the fact he hasn’t been able to find a job in the NFL even as a water boy tell you anything

Anything at all

20. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    His personality and the drama it brought is the reason he is no longer employed. I think he had some domestic disputes or something and was arrested etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He was a prick, no one liked working with him and most players didn’t like playing for him.

His last stop with the Browns sealed his fate as a coach in this league.

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Agreed again.[/QUOTE]

I was with you until Garrett but otherwise pretty good.

24. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    How do you compare yourself with the rest of the AFC North?

By height.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  25. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Point taken. Regarding everything else, I really can’t pick a favorite to win the division this year. If Burrow stays healthy, I’d give the nod to Cincy. I think that the Ravens got worse and will have a playoff hangover. I think that the Browns stayed the same, and I have zero confidence in Deshaun. The Steelers seemed to have gotten better. Obviously, it all hinges on Russell Wilson playing well But, I mean that’s a guy who can hit the deep ball and knows how to come back when down late. He’s in his 14th year but —and it’s all over Cleveland radio— Russell Wilson had better stats than Deshaun last year.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about this but didn't Watson sit out most of the season??