1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Colts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DSteelerCT, Dec 21, 2013.

1. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Jan 2006 playoff game on ESPN 2...man Troy was all over the place that game...shudder had multiple picks

2. DSteelerCT

Nov 15, 2011
    Here comes the Troy reverse pick call...still angry about it...

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we won again too. LOL:lolol::cool:

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was a outrageously bad call.

My favourite moment of the game is STILL that shot of Joey Porter when the Colts are in the huddle for 4th down at the end of the game, backed up near their own end zone. He's just standing there, eyes on Peyton, apparently not even listening to whatever D is being called. Then the ball is snapped and Porter's straight on to Peyton and bringing him down.

I may have remembered it all wrong, but that tableau of Joey on his own watching the Indy huddle is such a great picture of Steeler intensity.

5. DSteelerCT

Nov 15, 2011
    That intensity is what this team is lacking. BTW watching Troy in that game really highlights how much he's slowed down since then...

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I said that before. we have watched the whole defensive backfield of ike,troy and clark all slow down together and it's a lot harder to tell.:cool:

7. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    What a memorable game, and it's amazing that was 8 years ago, seems so recent. Remember they were a HUGE underdog to a Colts team considered the G.O.A.T., and no one- repeat no one- picked them to win.

A couple of things still sticking out for me:

1) the missed Polamalu interception call, even after review, lingers as perhaps the worst call I've ever seen in a Steelers game. Any time someone wants to bring up any examples of alleged "luck" or favoritism from the refs in Steelers history, I just point them that way. Unbelieveable.

2) At the time I was screaming this, and I'm still doing it today- what in hell were they doing calling that running play to Bettis at first and goal at the 1? I would have called 3, maybe 4, Qb sneaks in a row. Let me explain:

At the time the Colts still had all their timeouts. A failed sneak, worse case, kills a time out and doesn't lose any yards. Calling a play that exposed the ball was the only wrong thing the Steelers could have done, and that's what they did, and it almost cost them the game.

3) The important of Bryant McFadden's coverage on Reggie Wayne in the last play of the Colts drive cannot be underestimated, but is largely forgotten.

8. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    At the time, I was sure they'd flag him for interference...

McFadden earned his paycheck that game, and a shame he didn't really develop into that stud CB play like that suggested.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no problem with that call, Bus was killing them and has great ball security, pounding it in on the goal line is tailor made for him.

10. DSteelerCT

Nov 15, 2011
    Jerome's legacy would have been severely altered had they lost that game...

11. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    He would have had to come back another season.